Ebay Seller Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Afternoon all 

Just wondering if anyone has purchased from 
jaynewhillock57 on eBay before or has any thoughts on the following listing?

There are 4 of these lots at £275 or best offer. They seem to have lots of other legit looking climbing stuff for sale although with the price being really attractive it just makes me a bit suspect. 

'Up for auction: set of 6 x brand new DMM Dragon Version 2 Cams in sizes 00 - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 + a set of 6 brand new anodised (20 gram) racking carabiners + 3 x brand new 25kn screwgate carabiners. Still in manufacturers original packaging. Absolutely superb set of DMM cams, so much better than the old Dragons. This is one of four identical sets I have for sale. Buyer will not be disappointed.'

Thank you 

LastBoyScout 05 Mar 2020
In reply to ChristianTyroll:

eBay's terms and conditions of sale are biased towards the buyer, so you've got a good chance of getting a refund if they do turn out to be dodgy.

However, "she" seems to have a lot of repeat buyers in a short space of time, which slightly rings alarm bells for me.

George Frisby 05 Mar 2020

I've bought lots of cams from Paul (jaynewhillock57), mostly big ones like BD size 6. Better price than you can get from anywhere else and really good service. He sometimes chucks in some free stuff like screw gates too! 

I've bought from Paul over quite a long period of time too, really nice and helpful guy over email so i'd fully recommend his eBay service. 

George. 

wilkie14c 05 Mar 2020

lots of items for sale, perhaps a full time ebayer. Very good feedback at over 99% positive for last year. Post is always going to let you down and sometimes you just can’t please everyone so less than 1% negative FB is very good. I’d buy an item and if all works out well then go for more

In reply to wilkie14c:

Thank you all, shiny stuff incoming. 

LastBoyScout 05 Mar 2020
In reply to George Frisby:

In which case, ignore me and crack on

Jamie Wakeham 06 Mar 2020

I have to wonder where he's getting them from. He's undercutting the usual shops by about 20% and for him to make any profit he must be getting them cheaper than that - how does someone get hold of four sets of brand new Dragons for that far below retail..?  Would DMM even sell to their own employees that cheaply?

Sean_J 06 Mar 2020
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

Yeah, somebody out there is definitely abusing their discount scheme! I have been told that professional guides (i.e. holding recognised qualifications) get massive discounts with DMM when they buy direct (far cheaper than even big retailers can buy them in at). Could well be the source. That, or somebody at the factory or in distribution with very sticky fingers.

Post edited at 15:04
 ian caton 06 Mar 2020

Just send them a question:

'Are these in perfect new condition?'

If yes then pay by PayPal. If there is anything wrong with them your max risk is second class signed for postage. 

Doghouse 06 Mar 2020
In reply to Sean_J:

> Yeah, somebody out there is definitely abusing their discount scheme! I have been told that professional guides (i.e. holding recognised qualifications) get massive discounts with DMM when they buy direct (far cheaper than even big retailers can buy them in at). Could well be the source. 

I doubt that very much.

Jamie Wakeham 06 Mar 2020
In reply to Doghouse:

For clarity, you doubt that this discount scheme exists, or you doubt that it is the source of these cams?

Doghouse 06 Mar 2020
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

I doubt guides are selling kit they've bought from the manufacturers as Sean j is suggesting. 

Sean_J 06 Mar 2020
In reply to Doghouse:

Where do you think they come from? Nobody buys that amount of kit and then decides to sell, this is purely a money-making exercise. Who gets a big enough discount to make it worthwhile at those prices? Might be someone abusing a guide discount without a guide knowing about it I suppose. Or someone's skimming off kit elsewhere by some means.

Doghouse 07 Mar 2020
In reply to Sean_J:

I"'ve no idea which is why I"m not casting aspertions at guides and instructors. 

George Frisby 09 Mar 2020
In reply to Sean_J:

But Paul is not just selling DMM gear, also sells BD and WC gear for very cheap prices too. Not sure how he sells for the price he does but can't just be a source for DMM gear.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...