Down Jacket Repair?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 07 Nov 2018

Can anyone recommend anywhere that I can get a down jacket repaired?  Ideally, I'm looking for somewhere in Yorkshire. 

I've manage to put a hole it in, about the size of a little finger nail and down is escaping.  It's pretty new, so I'd prefer to have a professional job down rather than stick some gaffer tape on it   It's blue, so one challenge may be colour matching the material.

Thanks in advance.

Reach>Talent 07 Nov 2018
In reply to afx22:

I managed to find some small patches on amazon when I put a hole in a down jacket, they were avaliable in a good selection of colours but I can't vouch for how robust they are yet

grump gnome 07 Nov 2018
In reply to afx22:

Scotish Mountain Gear do a great job, https://www.scottishmountaingear.com/home I know it's not in Yorkshire but you just fill in a form and then post the jacket to them and they do the rest. Tenacious Tape does a good temp repair as it is clear,

LastBoyScout 07 Nov 2018
In reply to afx22:

Just sew a duckling over the hole - or a duck if it's a big hole. You can have it dyed to match first.

JimmAwelon 07 Nov 2018
In reply to afx22:

Unless the hole is on a seam, a professional repair will still be a patch. I have used gaffer tape for years on older jackets but I recently rescued at much newer Rab Microlight (blue with orange zips and lining) with the blue patches from this guy tobyhalliwell0117 on that online auction site t/a Down Jacket Repair. Really impressed with the patch adhesion as well as the colour match.

Phil Scott 07 Nov 2018
In reply to afx22:

If you can get to Kendal for the Mountain Festival in 2 weeks Patagonia are doing free gear repairs, any brand kit

OP afx22 14 Nov 2018
In reply to afx22:

In the end, I managed to get it respired at Alpkit, at their Hathersage store.  I’m really pleased with the great service from and it’s was good value too.

Cheers,

meggies 15 Nov 2018

LSR are great and, I hear on good authority, are used by a number of manufactures too.

http://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...