Do you wear....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 12 Dec 2012
...underpants under your long johns?
 JohnnyW 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:
Yes. I use polyester ones from places like Primark or Marks. The ridiculous price of 'outdoor' shop ones prohibits their purchase!
 wilkie14c 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:
Yes! I'm a boxer man myself but wear briefs when climbing, even under long Js, it keeps all your tickle tackle out of harms way like being trapped under a leg loop!
 jcharles 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:

Of course, don't all us chaps? That way you can wear the long-johns for a week, at least.
 iksander 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth: ...yes, but I cut the crotch out of my long johns. Looks pretty fruity strutting around the hut, but I win on the hill when I can still get the teeny wee fella out for pee without taking my gloves off.
 hokkyokusei 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:

Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.
aultguish 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:
No but then again I never wear them, I prefer to let it all dangle and jangle
 martinph78 12 Dec 2012
In reply to iksander:
> I can still get the teeny wee fella out for pee without taking my gloves off.

Maybe he wouldn't be so tiny if you'd kept the crotch in your longjohns :P

summitjunkie 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth: Once tried a Lakes winter weekend wearing longjohns, with lots of walking inbetween ascents, without undies - bad idea!!

Ended up with nasty ringpiece burn from the seam in the longjohns, though it did leave me tagnut free and removed most of my arse-cress too, as well as plucking the odd extra-long pube from me scrote.

Missus wasn't too pleased though - she had to 'Sudocrem' my glowing starfish outside the Black Sail hut so that I could get over the tops and back to the car in Langdale without too much grimacing and gurning.
OP GridNorth 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth: Interesting because back in the days when long johns were in more general use they were the underwear.
 TobyA 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth: longjohns are your pants. You don't wear pants under pants... at least I don't.
 wilkie14c 12 Dec 2012
In reply to summitjunkie:

> Missus wasn't too pleased though - she had to 'Sudocrem' my glowing starfish outside the Black Sail hut so that I could get over the tops and back to the car in Langdale without too much grimacing and gurning.

Chapstick works well for this if you don't have any sudocrem with you. You do need to remember not to use it for your lips afterwards though. Unless its your mates chapstick.
Shearwater 12 Dec 2012
> she had to 'Sudocrem' my glowing starfish outside the Black Sail hut so that I could get over the tops and back to the car in Langdale

Sounds like the sort of phrase usually prepended with "Well, officer..."

Or perhaps appended, "...and that's when it happened, doctor".
 summitjunkie 12 Dec 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:
> (In reply to summitjunkie)
>
> [...]
>
> .... You do need to remember not to use it for your lips afterwards though. Unless its your mates chapstick.

Yeuck!!! - can't work out whether you mean you'd use a chapstick after it's tended to a raw ringpiece or you'd let your mate use it. Either way, you should really talk to someone professional about this!
 MJ 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:

I go for the Superhero look and wear my pants on the outside.
 Glyno 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:

I'd imagine, because most LJ's have a slot and flap for your knob, they're designed as stand-alone underwear.

Wearing briefs underneath might cause a misalignment of apertures.
OP GridNorth 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Glyno:
> (In reply to GridNorth)
>
> Wearing briefs underneath might cause a misalignment of apertures.

Ha ha. Yes I can relate to that.
 KellyKettle 12 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth: Sometimes I wear underarmour compression shorts under them, but generally I go without.

No issues with chafing, but they are designed for next to skin wear (they're made by Immersion Research for use under immersion suits, with the seams placed to avoid chafing even with them pressed to the skin).
 Nath 13 Dec 2012
> (In reply to GridNorth) Once tried a Lakes winter weekend wearing longjohns, with lots of walking inbetween ascents, without undies - bad idea!!
>
> Ended up with nasty ringpiece burn from the seam in the longjohns, though it did leave me tagnut free and removed most of my arse-cress too, as well as plucking the odd extra-long pube from me scrote.
>
> Missus wasn't too pleased though - she had to 'Sudocrem' my glowing starfish outside the Black Sail hut so that I could get over the tops and back to the car in Langdale without too much grimacing and gurning.

One of the most informative posts ever on UKC - if a little to informative.
 iksander 13 Dec 2012
In reply to summitjunkie: > Missus wasn't too pleased though - she had to 'Sudocrem' my glowing starfish outside the Black Sail hut

How did you manage to persuade her that you couldn't reach it yourself?
 summitjunkie 13 Dec 2012
In reply to iksander: I was holding me jacket up and me kecks aside so didn't have a hand free. Besides, I bet the missus secretly enjoyed seeing my discomfort at exposing my poopchute in gnarly weather and, on seeing the damage n' how I yelped as she applied nappy cream, was glad she hadn't gone 'semi-commando' too!
 dek 13 Dec 2012
A.K.A the 'Japanese Flag' effect.
 neuromancer 13 Dec 2012

Do you have T-Rex arms? I could pretty happily sudocrem my own starfish if I so pleased.
 summitjunkie 13 Dec 2012
In reply to dek:
> A.K.A the 'Japanese Flag' effect.

An interesting image, but quite apt!
 summitjunkie 13 Dec 2012
In reply to neuromancer:
>
> Do you have T-Rex arms? I could pretty happily sudocrem my own starfish if I so pleased.

Hmmm... don't get out much in winter in full kit, do you? Braces and stuff make anything to do with getting the botty out, whether for a dump or starfish repair, a down right pain - unless you thought I was going to just strip off in a hooley when it's below zero and add a little hypothermia into the equation?

And anyways, why sudocrem your own starfish when someone else can do it for you?
 Ava Adore 13 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:

Only if I can be sure not to have VPL
 Taurig 13 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth:

I wear some tight fitting boxers under mine, but mainly because my long johns are cheap and badly fitting, and would expose the top-out from my chossy chimney if I didn't.
GIBBY W 13 Dec 2012
This the funniest thing I've seen on here, you've just made me puke my tea and piss myself a wee bit !
aultguish 13 Dec 2012
In reply to GIBBY W:
Lets hope you didn't have a bit of back splash into your cuppa!!
 summitjunkie 13 Dec 2012
In reply to GIBBY W: Glad to be of service n' bring a little sunshine into your day!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...