PRODUCT NEWS: DMM HB Brass Offsets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 13 Sep 2009
[HB Brass Offsets, 1 kb]

The HB Brass Offsets, offset micro wires developed a fanatical following and after re-introducing the larger alloy Offsets 12 months ago we were inundated with requests to start manufacturing the smaller brass offsets.

Their popularity is because their unique shape allows climbers to protect pitches that are otherwise not viable.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2095
 petellis 13 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

> Every unit is proof loaded to 75% of its rated strength.

Is there any reason why this is done with this gear but it isn't advertised as a feature of any other DMM kit?

Public reassurance after the CCH silver soldering affair?
Simon Marsh 13 Sep 2009
In reply to petellis:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> [...]
>
> Is there any reason why this is done with this gear but it isn't advertised as a feature of any other DMM kit?
>
> Public reassurance after the CCH silver soldering affair?

Petellis,

Partly because of the CCH issues, but mainly because this was a new process for us and the initial production paths we inherited seemed to have a lot of potential for variance. We have now completely altered the production path so that it is a lot more consistent plus it is a lot more environmentally friendly - no phosphoric/nitric acids any more.

The results are good and consistent and I know the quality guys are talking about reverting to our standard batch systems.

Regards

Simon

DMM
 petellis 13 Sep 2009
In reply to Simon Marsh:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was tryng hard not to be critical but I was rather curious.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...