REVIEW: Crux AK37 Pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 22 May 2018
Expecting tough weather? the AK37 is built to take it!, 2 kbWith its ultra-tough fabric and welded construction, the AK37 must be one of the most durable climbing packs on the market. Helen Rennard doubts she'll ever need to repair hers...

Read more
 wastedyouth 22 May 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I've got a 10 year old AK37 and it has completely fallen apart. Big holes in the base, one of the plastic clips has broken, and one of the internal metal poles broke through the lid of the sack after about a year. Still usable, but build quality? Hmmm.

Dangerous Dave 24 May 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Not having a small stash pocket under the lid with a clip for your keys seems like a major oversight to me. Always handy to have that pouch for small items that live in your bag all the time. £225 seems very expensive! 

Damo 24 May 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

"...climbing with the rucksack on I've found my helmet being pushed forward by the top of the rucksack every time I look up. The rucksack has not been full at this point, and the top pocket only contained a pair of mitts and a headtorch. This is not ideal if you're intending to climb with the pack on..."

This is either a problem with the fit (pack too long, user error) or the design (maker error), or possibly the packing. But either way it's intolerable on a climbing pack, especially at this price.

I've always liked Crux's aesthetic and direction, but on the two items I've bought, there was at least one basic, significant flaw (Flak jacket hood too small/tight, Napoleon zips badly designed, Flak trousers shorter than advertised, waistbelt clip broke) that severely affected their usability.

So I've just never been able to justify paying their prices again. I do wonder if they bite off more than they can chew, in terms of executing all they try to achieve.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...