crusher fingerboard mount - how do I attach a beastmaker?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 29 Jan 2013
I have just got a fingerboard mount and need to attach my beastmaker to it. It's about 15mm ply so is it best to drill right through and use a bolt and nut, or should I just screw it on?

Any advice would be appreciated.
 biscuit 29 Jan 2013
In reply to James Malloch:

Just screw it on James, through the pre drilled holes. Make sure the screws go all the way into the ply and that should be fine.

Andy
OP James Malloch 29 Jan 2013
In reply to James Malloch: There aren't any pre drilled holes in it, just a blank board.

Is it better to drill some right through?
 JSA 29 Jan 2013

If you want it to stay looking that way then just draw the outline of the beastmaker on the ply, mark some points where there will be no holds on the beastmaker then screw from the back.
OP James Malloch 30 Jan 2013
In reply to James Malloch: Think I got mistaken last night. Andy, did you mean the pre-drilled holes in the beastmaker? I thought you were talking about the mount.

Also, there are holes in the back of the beastmaker which just go into the wood and not right through. JSA, is this the kind of method that you mean? Through the mount into holes on the fingerboard like this?

And without sounding totally stupid... The holes are 4mm in diameter, do I just need a 4mm screw? I'm guessing that's how it works haha!
 Fraser 30 Jan 2013

Screw through the BM into the mounting board. Use screws slightly larger than the holes. ie #6 or #8 screws. Sorted.
 biscuit 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Fraser:

What Fraser said.

You should be crushing when you come over.
OP James Malloch 30 Jan 2013
In reply to James Malloch: cool, I'll get it sorted soon then. One more question... the ply is 15mm, how far should I go into it? All the way through or about 10mm so it doesn't come or the back?

Hopefully get some good routes ticked Andy, psych levels are high!
 Paul Crusher R 30 Jan 2013
In reply to James Malloch: Its 18mil man, yes stick em right through it. When you attach the board a suggestion isnstickit right near the bottom then you get complete clearance under it for forearms etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...