County Durham cobblers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Cowley 02 Jan 2021

I'm needing to get my la sportiva trangos re soled when the cobblers re open(whenever that'll be) Think it will be cheaper than sending them away and god only knows how long that will take in current climate, although it depends on how long we're in tier 4. Anyway I went to my local cobblers in Consett and he didn't seem to confident in replacing them but said he'd give it a go.

Anyone had their B2's replaced by a cobbler durham or tyne and wear that they would recommend and were happy with the outcome 

Thank you

Happy new year

didntcomelast 02 Jan 2021
In reply to David Cowley:

There’s a shoe repair place next to the Newcastle Climbing Centre, Dickinson’s, it’s next to the car park just up from the centre. It’s one of the units next to the car park. I’ve had a pair of walking boots resoled several years ago and they are still going strong. If you google shoe repairs Byker, they come up. 

Ian W 02 Jan 2021

Simpsons in Shildon that used to be an authorised stealth rubber dealer / fitter / cobbler (or whatever it is called!). I'll have a look past tomorrow to see if its still there as I have a feeling he might have retired.......

bouldery bits 02 Jan 2021

I was just testing my eyesight.

Cobblers!!

mp3ferret 02 Jan 2021

I had an old pair of Zamberlans repaired by the cobblers in Consett.  He did a great job - but they were a more traditional style.

MJAngry 03 Jan 2021
In reply to didntcomelast:

I was going to suggest this one. 

Andysomething 03 Jan 2021
In reply to Ian W:

Simpsons in Shildon was still operating in early 2020, don't know if he has managed to keep the business going

spenser 03 Jan 2021
In reply to didntcomelast:

These guys resolved a pair of rock boots and did a good job for me, not had any walking boots resolved before so can't comment on that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...