Click up Plus belay device

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darron 12 Dec 2018

Thinking of buying a click up plus belay device. I have read a couple of reviews that say its good for top roping but not for leading.

Any users out there able to comment? Does the " V proof" system make it harder to feed out the rope? Is the original CU better?

Much obliged for any feedback

Merry Xmas all

Darron

cambromo 12 Dec 2018
In reply to Darron:

I'd stick with the original, there's a lot of issues with it causing unintentional lock offs due to how I belay which don't come into play with the original(above hand paying out slack)

As a side note if you're still morbidly curious I'm selling my plus for £50.

OP Darron 12 Dec 2018
In reply to cambromo:

Thanks for that. It's a Chrissie present so I'd better buy a new one.

ClemFandango 13 Dec 2018
In reply to Darron:

If looking to buy new AlpineTrek have them at a good price (£57.56 with free delivery).

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/climbing-technology-click-up-kit-belay-device/

Merry Xmas!

trish1968 13 Dec 2018
In reply to Darron:

Hi I used to have one i didn't like it it put a twist in my rope. Maybe it was the way i belay but no other device does that to the rope when i'm belaying. I also have the alpine up which i really like and don't have a problem with.

derf 14 Dec 2018
In reply to Darron:

I recently bought a Click Up Plus, having used the original Click Up as my belay device of choice for over a year. I bought the Plus to handle fat indoor ropes that were jamming in my original Click Up. The Plus works much better for this, but in all other respects I find it’s poorer than the original. The Plus locks up much more often, needs a different (and frustrating) technique to release, and isn’t as smooth when lowering.

Unless you need the Plus for fat ropes, I would recommend that you stick with the original Click Up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...