c30l lightweight daysack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DancingOnRock 02 Aug 2020

I’ve had the Burghaus Mach 24 for a while now and it’s wearing out. looking to replace it with something very similar. Any suggestions? I’m looking for something I can 
move quickly in. I have the Ultimate Direction Mountain vest for running, but want something that will hold a bit more for an all day walk with brief periods of running (if that makes sense).

Here’s a link to a review of the Mach 24  

https://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/gear-reviews/rucksacks/articles/Gear-Rev...

Andy Hardy 02 Aug 2020
In reply to DancingOnRock:

Alpkit Gourdon 25 or 30.

bouldery bits 02 Aug 2020

Montane Trailblazer 30. I use it for nights out with long walks and for things like the OMM.

Might work for your needs?

BB

Check out the Ultimate Direction Fastpack range. Built on a running style vest but with a 15, 25, 35 or 45 litre option. Really comfy bag.

OP DancingOnRock 03 Aug 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

That looks nice. I’ll see if I can find one to look at. 

OP DancingOnRock 03 Aug 2020
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

That’s a lot of money for an occasional daypack but as-ever some seriously nice kit. 

Ye, they're not cheap. I use mine all the time though!

angry pirate 04 Aug 2020

It might be a bit heavy at 900g but the Osprey Talon 33 is a great lightweight day sack. Mine feels really light and it carries well, has waist belt pockets for snacks on the go and can be picked up for sub £80 at the mo if you shop around.

My favourite feature is the hydration sleeve is external so I can refill the bladder without delving into the bag (and unpacking half the contents).

The lid pocket is massive (which is ace) but tends to flop down unless the bag is full (less ace)

I was planning to get a friend of a friend in the trade to make a bespoke design bag for me but this ticked all the features I wanted tbh 

https://www.ospreyeurope.com/shop/gb_en/talon-33-1

salad fingers 04 Aug 2020

+1 for the Montane Trailblazer. Probably one of my stand-out bits of kit from the last couple of years, and at a very good price (certainly compared to UD). I have running vests and packs (mountaineering, climbing) from loads of brands and the Trailblazer 30 has been brilliant for all sorts of fast paced fun in the hills.

OP DancingOnRock 04 Aug 2020
In reply to angry pirate:

Thanks. I think I’ve looked at one of them. I may have another look because at the time I was looking for something to run quickly in and decided on a vest because the straps are pretty heavy duty, but it may well be more suitable for what I’m after now. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...