Bulk buying waterproofs (group use)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan M 05 Sep 2019

Looking to bulk buy waterproofs (jacket and trousers) for group use.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to buy and where to buy them from?

In reply to Alan M:

What sort of group?

What sort of activity?

What sort of price?

OP Alan M 05 Sep 2019
In reply to captain paranoia:

> What sort of group?

> What sort of activity?

> What sort of price?

Adults up to 20 people at a time think coach/ tour groups.

Hill walking and general outdoor Walking activities  so needs to offer good level of weather/waterproof protection not just be water resistant etc. 

The type of waterproof I'm thinking is the standard type you see in outdoor activity centres up and down the country.  They all seem to have a standard no frills type of waterproof jacket and trouser.  It does the job but not made from technical fabrics and cuts etc.  

Andy Hardy 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan M:

Keela?

jimtitt 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan M:

Helly Hansen.

Rigid Raider 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan M:

Winfields Outdoors in Haslingden, Lancashire.

LastBoyScout 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan M:

Try going direct to somewhere like Alpkit and discussing what you need. Sport Pursuit direct might be a winner, too.

Divide budget available by number of jackets required and then have a look in the clearance section of Blacks/Go Outdoors/etc at that price point.

I assume you want a range of sizes in both sexes, so it's not like you just want 20 in size large, but do want them all the same make/model for identification?

OP Alan M 05 Sep 2019
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> Try going direct to somewhere like Alpkit and discussing what you need. Sport Pursuit direct might be a winner, too.

> Divide budget available by number of jackets required and then have a look in the clearance section of Blacks/Go Outdoors/etc at that price point.

> I assume you want a range of sizes in both sexes, so it's not like you just want 20 in size large, but do want them all the same make/model for identification?

Cheers, I will take a look at those options.  

I will need a shed load of jackets and trousers in reality as I will need a mix of sizes to cover groups and spares etc.

OP Alan M 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Rigid Raider:

> Winfields Outdoors in Haslingden, Lancashire.

I will contact them to see what they have. Thanks

OP Alan M 05 Sep 2019
In reply to nniff:

> Brenig

Thanks, have you ever purchased from them?

OP Alan M 05 Sep 2019
In reply to jimtitt:

> Helly Hansen.

Any specific jackets etc. you can recommend? Never owner anything from Helly Hansen.

OP Alan M 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> Keela?

Never heard of them, would you recommend their equipment?

Andy Hardy 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan M:

I don't have any of their kit personally but I have seen it and I  think they supply stuff to MRTs. What I've seen looked fairly robust, not the lightest or most stylish but definitely serviceable.

nniff 06 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan M:

> Thanks, have you ever purchased from them?

Can't say I have, but have heard good things about them

Billhook 07 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan M:

I used to approach the likes of Blacks and/or Cotswold - large retailers basically and I'd nearly always get a reasonable discount for such orders.

Failing that, another option would be one of the many larger retailers of ex-military kit.  Not all of it is camo.  The RN use navy blue (what else?) the RAF and public service organisations (Police, ambulance etc)  and  european forces sell off surplus  stuff that is perfectly adequate and bombproof grade I clothing in Goretex - I picked up some ex PSNI Goretex jackets in bottle green that are excellent kit.

Mal Grey 07 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan M:

Keela is a good call, contact then direct. High quality kit, built to last, by decent people. 

Craghoppers have D of E type jackets that might fit the bill too, again get in touch direct.

Any of the big chains might be able to help, especially if things like colour don't matter much. They may have bulk stock of poor selling colours to shift. Even more so, the manufacturers, though they may prefer to go through a retailer. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...