Buffalo Sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mattyk 18 Oct 2020

Just wondered if anybody could advise on sizing of the buffalo 6

I'm 6ft size 40 chest 32 waist.

What size buffalo? 40, 42 or bigger?

I would be wearing a base layer underneath. Can't get to shop to try on one but worried 40 would be too tight.

Cheers

Matt

In reply to Mattyk:

Same chest and waist as you and also own a Buffalo Windshirt and Mountain shirt. Both are 40. I can get a t-shirt and a Patagonia R1 hoody under both without them feeling too snug. 

Doug 19 Oct 2020
In reply to Mattyk:

maybe the sizing is a bit more standardised now but I remember trying on some Buffalo gear many years ago & the size written on the label had little correlation with the actual size, with some 'small' pairs of trousers being larger than 'mediums' etc. Was the same was windshirts.

Prof. Outdoors 19 Oct 2020
In reply to Mattyk:

Agree with Doug's comments re sizing but that was a number of years ago. Might be worth contacting Buffalo and asking about mail order a 40 and a 42 and send one back.

As a matter of interest why wear a base layer underneath? They really do work so much better when worn next to the skin. Much warmer micro climate directly next to the skin and much more effective dumping heat when opening the side zips.

Root1 20 Oct 2020
In reply to Mattyk:

The Profs right definitely don't wear a baselayer, it sort of defeats the object.

In reply to Mattyk:

Sizing is true.

Defo no baselayer!

OP Mattyk 21 Oct 2020
In reply to Mattyk:

Thanks all for your replies. True to size it is then and I'll go nude underneath as you said.

Matt

Prof. Outdoors 21 Oct 2020
In reply to Mattyk:

Buffalo realy works for me. (Weather needs to be cold though)

Much more effective next to the skin. The Montane extreme smocks are good but they only make small, medium large so one was too big and the other was so tight I sruggled to get it off. Buffalo are in 2" increments so a good fit without being too tight or baggy. Enjoy.

Diddy 25 Oct 2020
In reply to Prof. Outdoors:

I like the look of buffalo shirt; I get the next to the skin advice but I guess that means they need washing more often.  I was thinking of base layer underneath that could be rinsed easily. Clearly if I needed extra warmth I would wear next to the skin. I am more of multi week hiker but I do get up into the mountains.

Prof. Outdoors 25 Oct 2020
In reply to Diddy:

They need washing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...