Bothy bag and the single walker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 29 Nov 2019

It seems all bothy bags sold are for 2+ people.

Does it work as a concept for the lone walker? I'm wondering how you get a structure to it. It seems to rely on opposing individuals bodies pulling the fabric 'tight'

PaulJepson 29 Nov 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

In a survival situation it will be fine.

For a brew you can make do with your pack as your +1 if it's big enough. Stick your feet up against it.

OP Flinticus 29 Nov 2019
In reply to PaulJepson:

Thanks!

And now to add a real combination!

With a dog?? Anyone try it?

I should probably give it a few test runs.

Post edited at 15:39
 ScottTalbot 29 Nov 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

Maybe chuck one end over a rock.

In reply to Flinticus:

Let the dog sit ‘on the floor’ and the backpack ‘on the seat’ next to you. Brew on the floor between your legs. Hope the dog isn’t too big

Mal Grey 29 Nov 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

As above, use your bag in the other end, unless your pup is extremely well trained to sit perfectly still in a flapping bag. Even feet stretched outwards should hold down the opposite end. Can be a handful to get sorted if its really windy...and it always is when you want to use it.

My Rab 2 person one is pretty tight for two. That would be an advantage in a survival situation, less space to warm up, but its not really comfy for two as a lunch shelter. Unless you're very friendly and don't mind limbs intertwined!

Post edited at 19:22
 marsbar 29 Nov 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

Sounds like something to try in advance with the dog in the garden and with a few treats to get full cooperation. 

Basemetal 29 Nov 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

Or  use poles, or just your legs stretched. As a single walker you get more of groundsheet to sit on.  Works fine!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...