Boreal ballet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andypeak 23 May 2022

Does anyone own a pair of Boreal Ballet (the modern version)? I'm thinking of getting some but I can't find anywhere that stocks them near me to try them on. I normally go half a size down in climbing shoes for a snug but comfortable fit, would that be about right with these? 

CantClimbTom 23 May 2022
In reply to Andypeak:

Wow, had a pair of those in early 90s. Didn't realise there was a remake. Watching with interest...

chadogrady 23 May 2022
In reply to Andypeak:

I got a pair 2 years back because I wanted a shoe with ankle protection for wide cracks. I think it's worth trying them on if you can. Outside in Hathersage might have them, failing that if you can try on a pair of Aces, as they have a similar fit. I find them too narrow for the big toe, as it they push my big toe inwards towards my other toes. I normally wear La Sportiva and got the Ballets in quite a large size but still don't find them particularly comfortable. 

Hope this helps. 

OP Andypeak 23 May 2022
In reply to chadogrady:

Cheers. Outside don't stock anymore unfortunately. 

The only UK stockist I can find is Kong  Running. I've ordered a 9.5 and a 10 and we shall see

In reply to Andypeak:

Hey,

I’ve used the new Ballet a lot and really rate them. They’re comfy, stiffish, yet still have a technical toe box. An excellent shoe for longer routes. The high top protects my ankle and I also find keeps my feet warmer. I’ve just returned from a week guiding sea stacks in stormy weather and have used the Ballet throughout. 

My feet are around a UK 9 and ballets are size 8.5. This is a fairly relaxed fit and I sometimes wear socks with them for a more performance fit. They seem to last well, my pair is on their second resole (Llanberis Resoles). I’ve climbed up to E3 in them, but that was Winking Crack. I’ve also climbed 6b friction slabs at the Envers in them. But for my hardests leasts on slate or limestone I’d prefer something a little more technical like a crux Velcro or a lynx.

Hope this helps. 

Tom (loosely supported by Boreal)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...