Bloody Brilliant Boostics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike reed 21 Dec 2021
Thread moved from Rocktalk to Gear

Shoe update.

I love my new Boostics. 
When I first got them, I was so disappointed, mainly because of Scarpa’s misleading sales pitch, and my love of the old Boostic.

But, through October, November and into December they have gradually become my ‘go to shoe’. 

They now almost need a resole and I’m surprised to admit it but they have been/are brilliant shoes. Well done Scarpa. 
So, forget the name or how it relates to the old shoe, it doesn't, but is simply a fantastic shoe in its own right. 

Andy Farnell 21 Dec 2021
In reply to mike reed:

I agree.

The perfect shoe for 95% of UK sport climbing (and trad as well, probably).

Stiff yet sensitive with a bomber heel.

Andy F

In reply to mike reed:

I've had a similar experience. I kind of hoped that what I'd heard wasn't true, in that the new boostic would in some way replace the old, so I went for it and ordered a pair in my usual size.

The first time I tired to use them in anger was on a some tiny edges on vertical dolerite (Ratho outside) and it was instant disappointment - nowhere near the same amount of support, with almost a feeling of mid-sole flop AND whatever insert they've used to stiffen the toe area is thinner too, or so it seems to me.

I basically consigned them to the "indoor" pile. And then....bouldering and routes indoors, they started to come into their own. That made me think they may have some more promise as a more "allround" shoe, more akin to what I usually use the instinct VS for.  I ended up taking them to Margalef in November and they were really quite good. Comfy, precise. Can't say I would have preferred my usual Instinct VSs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...