Black sirocco helmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Em66 23 Jun 2020

Interested in hearing whether anyone who has the black version of the sirocco helmet has used it in hot weather and found that the black helmet gets really hot and if it impacts the climber at all? 

dominikk 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Em66:

I'm climbing with the black sirocco for about 1 1/2 years now, it replaced my Petzl Elios.

I never climb outside without a helmet (not wearing one affects my climbing. I could probably get used to it, but why would I).

Can't say I noticed any problems climbing in the sun. Compared to the Elios it's so much lighter and the ventilation is great.

I haven't used a white one though. If you compared it side to side maybe there's a noticeable difference.

james1978 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Em66:

I've had one for 3 years now - it gets worn whenever I go out be that uk trad or European bolt trips. I can't say that I've ever noticed it getting warm. Its really not something to worry about. 

Exile 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Em66:

I've got a white one and my main climbing partner a black one, no noticeable difference in getting a hot head between the two that we've seen. 

cp123 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Em66:

I have a black one and worn it on a few sunny Europe bolt clipping trips - I haven't noticed it being particularly hot.

The polystyrene or whatever it is is a good thermal insulator so even if the top surface does absorb more of the suns rays than the white version the heat isn't transfered down.

Cheers

OP Em66 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Em66:

Thanks all for your responses. My other half has the white one and it’s so comfy compared to my Elios (I am not very good at wearing it as I find it really uncomfortable) but I fancied a contrast to his and like the black one but was nervous about it being hot but seems not to be an issue from your replies! Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...