REVIEW: Black Diamond Prime Approach Shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 06 Aug 2021

It may look nice, but the Prime is undermined for typical UK use by its soft midsole and flat outsole. "Whilst the term approach was originally used in reference to approaching mountain crags, it could be argued that the Prime was designed more with approaching the climbing wall in mind" says Rob Greenwood.

Read more

TobyA 06 Aug 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

So these and Fuels both don't seem very well suited to UK conditions beyond as a general pair of kicking-about-in shoes. Am I right that UKC hasn't reviewed the BD Mission Approach shoes? That seems odd as, at least from looking on their website, that has some heel breast and a more aggressive sole pattern - so looks like the one model they do that could well work for even Scottish/Lakes/North Walesian approaches.

In reply to TobyA:

> So these and Fuels both don't seem very well suited to UK conditions beyond as a general pair of kicking-about-in shoes. Am I right that UKC hasn't reviewed the BD Mission Approach shoes? That seems odd as, at least from looking on their website, that has some heel breast and a more aggressive sole pattern - so looks like the one model they do that could well work for even Scottish/Lakes/North Walesian approaches.

We don't have any plans to review the Mission currently, but that's not to say that we won't.

Given that we've reviewed three from the range now (the Session, Prime and Fuel), and that each have been at the softer end of the spectrum, I think we'd want to prioritise something at the more supportive - just so we can compare and contrast.

I'll speak to Dan when he gets back from his holiday and see what he thinks. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...