Big feet climbing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DANT3HMAN 14 Jun 2020

Heyo,

I tried and enjoyed a bit of climbing last year and wan't to push myself a bit more this year. 

I need some advice on shoes. I have size 12.5-13 UK, wide, boats and would like to find a pair that can help me push past my beginner stage.

Thanks in advance.

agb 15 Jun 2020
In reply to DANT3HMAN:

I remember having the same questions as you when I was looking for my first pair of climbing shoes.. I'm a size 13 ish (european size 50 hiking boots).  I opted for Red Chili sausalitos.. they were suitably wide and comfy at the time.

Now I'm using the la sportiva mythos shoes - taking a size 46 as the material stretches a fair amount after you use them a lot.

McHeath 15 Jun 2020
In reply to DANT3HMAN:

Same as agb - I have size 12½ with wide feet and have found La Sportiva to fit me well. Currently using Katana size 44½ which are great for small edges and on overhangs; I also have an older pair of Finale which I find better for friction stuff. 

Post edited at 09:24
DANT3HMAN 15 Jun 2020

Awesome thanks for the tips! I'll check out some La Sportiva.

ps. totally read Red Chili sausalitos as, red stilettos. Threw me off a bit there.

Jono.r23 16 Jun 2020
In reply to DANT3HMAN: i

I beg to differ, unless my feet are wider than wide or super wide or something. Scarpa’s tend to be better for broad feet. Rarely fit into sportiva/five ten etc

patsaunders 16 Jun 2020
In reply to DANT3HMAN:

The Unparallel range go up to this sizing and the Lace is a fairly wide fitting shoe  https://www.unparallelsports.com/product-category/climbing/

Jono.r23 16 Jun 2020
In reply to patsaunders:

Second that

the UpLace can also accommodate my voluminous hooves  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...