PRESS RELEASE: Beacon Climbing Centre... 25 years old today!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 17 Oct 2019
Did you know…? It is now a quarter of a century since Beacon Climbing Centre originally opened on 17th October 1994, becoming one of only a handful of dedicated indoor climbing centres operating in the UK at the time. For us, it's a milestone anniversary and, as such, it deserves celebrating!

Read more
In reply to UKC Gear:

There’s only a link to the New Beacon, none of the old Marconi building. That place was a lifesaver on wet Snowdonia weekends. Spent a lot of very cold sessions in there, but it didn’t matter, the people who ran it were great. I only bouldered there, and still have a real soft spot for the room with the steep panels. It was a cold, leaky building in a really desolate spot, yet it was really good wall so is it’s replacement. It’s kind of like the Boardroom over near Queensferry. Even if the weekend is a washout, the wall sessions will be fine.

Denni 17 Oct 2019
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Totall agree. Drive up a track in the middle of nowhere to what looked like a disused building and voila!

I alwys remember it being pretty dark, smelly and I needed a good scrub when I came out. Have only been to the new one once and thought it was good. Great location and they'll definately get more trade.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...