Autumnwatch mountain equipment jacket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 31 Oct 2020

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. Does anyone know what kind of Mountain Equipment waterproof jacket Chris Packham is wearing this year the one he had on on Tuesday/Wednesday. 

toad 31 Oct 2020
In reply to Russell Lovett:

The beigy mustardy one? Was wondering that. Non paramo outdoor gear that is inconspicuous without making you look like a subscriber to impractical knives monthly is hard to find. 

Lhotse

Stuart

In reply to Stuart the postie:

Cheers. See it,s not the cheapest of jackets (although it,s probable very good). Wonder if he got his for free.

Rick Graham 31 Oct 2020

> Cheers. See it,s not the cheapest of jackets (although it,s probable very good). Wonder if he got his for free.

About thirty years ago, I was intruiged to see a lot of BBC news  reporters wearing ME gear (NW area).

When I got the opportunity to ask one , it turned out they were not sponsored , just they had found  the ME factory shop in Glossop . Everybody likes a bargain.

Noticed some dual label ones nowadays  , so probably on the sponsored bandwagon now.

nathan79 31 Oct 2020

He's always clad in ME for the watches. I figured he had some sort of sponsorship but I've never ready anything about it so maybe he just likes the gear.

In reply to nathan79:

Is it on the BBC? I don’t think BBC staff are allowed to be sponsored due to impartiality.

When I worked at Rab we sorted Jeremy Bowen out with a cheap Neuntrino Endurance. He needed it in a hurry as he was off to Syria. He was wearing it on the news a couple of days later.

galpinos 05 Nov 2020
In reply to nathan79:

Pretty sure he’s not sponsored. 

nathan79 05 Nov 2020
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

Yeah I imagine that to be the case. Whether it differs for those on BBC contracts Vs freelancers I don't know.

I've always wondered why logos have to be covered up yet on outside broadcasts there is no similar requirement. 

nufkin 06 Nov 2020
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

>  I don’t think BBC staff are allowed to be sponsored due to impartiality.

It's fun to speculate as to the comparative salaries of presenters based on what they're wearing, and the balance of function/fashion in their choices. Brian Cox and Alice Roberts seem to be Arcteryx fans, to Chris Packham's ME

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...