REVIEW: Arc'teryx Norvan LD 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 31 Jul 2020

On open moorland you're alright providing it hasn't rained too much - otherwise things get slippy!

The follow-up to the original Norvan, the Norvan LD is pitched as being both lighter and more durable. It is designed with long distance trails in mind, but does it live up to this claim? Rob Greenwood thinks it's actually better suited to short-to-middle distance running.

Read more

wbo2 31 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:Interesting you've picked up on the pinch point at the front as other reviews have commented on that

In reply to wbo2:

It was the first thing I noticed when I put them on. It certainly got better over time, but was still far from ideal. If you had a particularly low volume shoe it might not be an issue, but equally it might.

Overall I just found there to be a bit of a disparity between what the shoe said it was meant to do and what it actually did.

chris_B 01 Aug 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I bought these shoes recently and really like them. I bought them to replace the old (black upper) version of the Salomon S-Lab. Seems a good replacement so far. Whether or not they are suitable for long distance is surely quite personal: e.g. some people choose to run ultras in far more minimal/barefoot shoes. 

I've also got the Norvan VT 2, too heavy for running for me but I've been using them more as a walking/approach shoe.

In reply to chris_B:

> I bought these shoes recently and really like them. I bought them to replace the old (black upper) version of the Salomon S-Lab. Seems a good replacement so far. Whether or not they are suitable for long distance is surely quite personal: e.g. some people choose to run ultras in far more minimal/barefoot shoes. 

Some people do, the vast majority don't...

I'm also not convinced that someone who is into running with minimalist/barefoot shoes is going to be reading this review, as the Norvan LD 2 certainly doesn't fit within that category.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...