Anatom Q4 Cuillin boot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 22 Feb 2021

Anatom Q4 Cuillin boot

Has anyone got any experience of these? 

They look like they could be a great option to replace my aging SLs. The fit on the New SLs isn't quite right. 

Cheers,

BB

Flinticus 26 Feb 2021
In reply to bouldery bits:

Now £99!

I've just bought a pair. At that price they will be good value even for walking the dog.

OP bouldery bits 26 Feb 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

Thanks for the heads up.

And it's payday. Size 42's on the way to BB HQ. 

Cheers!

Flinticus 26 Feb 2021

You want to do an unboxing vid on YouTube and see if UKC will host it?

The Gear section really needs an 'unboxing' section

The New NickB 26 Feb 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

I think the only unboxing vid I have ever watched was the film Se7en.

OP bouldery bits 26 Feb 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

> You want to do an unboxing vid on YouTube and see if UKC will host it?

> The Gear section really needs an 'unboxing' section

Hahah!

Imagine.

'This is one of the boots. It's the right one. And errrr.... This is the foot hole. This is the bottom bit. Sole. Vibram. Very nice.  It's quite grippy. There's a left one aswell. You use this bit for tying them up. If you tie them up properly it means you won't trip over.

They do smell nice tho.'

Post edited at 18:40
 Flinticus 26 Feb 2021

Haha. You're a natural! 

Don't forget to get them a caress for the ASMR viewers

Wainers44 27 Feb 2021

> Anatom Q4 Cuillin boot

> Has anyone got any experience of these? 

> They look like they could be a great option to replace my aging SLs. The fit on the New SLs isn't quite right. 

> Cheers,

> BB

Ooo, I have a near dead pair of SLs too. What have you bought,  where from???

OP bouldery bits 27 Feb 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

https://www.tiso.com/fwsha5ti0713/anatom-q4-cuillin-mens-brown/00202837/?gc...

I can't vouch for them yet and haven't managed to find much info online. Seem worth a punt though! 

Wainers44 27 Feb 2021

Yes they look the part dont they. I just can't bring myself to spend over £200 on the SLs though. Have to think about it quickly!!! Ta.

OP bouldery bits 01 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

Mine are being delivered tomorrow. (Apparently) whilst I won't do an unboxing video, because it would be so Partridge that it would be physically painful, I will put some first impressions up here. 

OP bouldery bits 02 Mar 2021

Right, so!

First impressions, quality. Everything feels equal to Scarpa / Meindl / Altberg. Eyelets solid. Good laces. Look fine aesthetically. Rand a slightly odd colour being black but also with a greyer layer on top. Off but not worrying. 

Insoles seem good quality with high arches on the inside of the boot. The boot has a good length so enough space for kicking toes into things.

Sole is reassuringly chunky and luggy.  

First impressions on feet, once I'd got lacing dialled, these are clearly old school 'breaking in' period boots. This seems especially noticeable around the top of the ankle. That said, the material on the inside of the top of the boot is very plus but is also a worrying 'Mercedes S Class cream leather' colour that I fear will soon look like those white cricket pants with the cup holder that they made you wear in PE if you forgot your own. (Maybe that was only my school?)

Boots not light but I knew that already and, to be honest, I wear fell shoes when it's nice and boots when it ain't so this works for me. 

The sole is V stiff but, on my walk down the canal, the rocker shape made up for this providing a pleasant, if not entirely natural, 'rolling' sensation. 

So, in summary, £99? Yeah. Class.

Sorry TobyA. This reviewing thing isn't as easy as you make it look! 

Flinticus 07 Mar 2021

How did you find the sizing? I bought both a 45 and 46 and sent back the 46 but my winter boots are usually 46. 

OP bouldery bits 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

> How did you find the sizing? I bought both a 45 and 46 and sent back the 46 but my winter boots are usually 46. 

They are a little roomy, my old SLs were 43s and these Anatoms are comparable in size at 42s. There is good width in the forefoot and the ankle area is spacious but fits me well. There's a bit of hell lift but I get that no matter what boots I wear and I can't criticise the boots for that but rather my weird, totally flat, heels.

I went on a lovely walk againt today, just about 10k on the flat and they were great. Def need breaking in but I think I'll get on with them great. 

Post edited at 20:29

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...