Alternative to 5.10 pinks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Skip 13 Nov 2021

Can anyone recommend any climbing shoes. My current pair, about to die, are 5.10 pinks. The problem is that Adidas have radically changed the sizing. I'm struggling to find a pair that fit. What is a good alternative?

phildawson 13 Nov 2021
In reply to Skip:

I found the Tenaya Masai to be a good replacement for my old Pinks.

Dave_Stocks 14 Nov 2021
In reply to Skip:

Bought a Pair of the Unparallel Rise Pro this year to try them out. They are absolutely amazing.  Definitely stiffer than the Pinks probably more like the blanco's. I have climbed at loads of venues all of the UK with different rock type's from sea cliffs in NE Scotland, Granite in the Cairngorms, Gogarth, Lakes, N Wales, Dolerite on Skye and Grit and they have become my go to trad shoes. See the Link  below. 

https://darkventures.co.uk/unparallel-rise-pro-519-p.asp

The Other option would be the Unparallel Lace Climbing Shoe or Unparallel Lace LV Climbing Shoe depending on your feet. I also have these sized super comfy for days out climbing with clients. Still good but also a lot softer then the Rise Pro. 

https://darkventures.co.uk/unparallel-lace-lv-climbing-shoe-119-p.asp

Hope thats helpful. 

Cheers Dave 

n-stacey 15 Nov 2021
In reply to Dave_Stocks:

Hi

I second the Unparalleled suggestion, great shoe with a great fit.

chris_r 15 Nov 2021
In reply to Skip:

I was in exactly the same predicament having owned 5.10 pinks & blancos for well over a decade. 

After trying pretty much every shoe in the LLanberis branch of V12 I left with a pair of Unparallel Lace LV.    6 months in now and they've been fantastic.

raussmf 16 Nov 2021
In reply to Skip:

Can anyone tell me how the Unparallel options compare to the newer pinks in terms of size?

Ideally I'd try them on but they aren't in stock close by.

Thanks

chris_r 16 Nov 2021
In reply to raussmf:

I've dropped one EU size between my properly fitted hiking boots and the Unparallel pink laces. This gives me a decent toe downturn without being constantly painful.

I've totally lost track of which year/version my old (pre-Adidas) 5.10s are, so wont post those details as I think it'll just be confusing.

I had to make a specific trip to North Wales to go shoe shopping. Excuses, excuses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...