REVIEW: Alpkit's New Glove Range

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 26 Feb 2019
Alpkit gloves thumbDecent gloves don't tend to come cheap, but this season Alpkit have pulled off an affordable range that we think compares well with pricier alternatives. Dan Bailey road tests four models.

Read more
 jonnie3430 26 Feb 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Pity they couldn't have done an all leather one with thinsulate lining doesn't matter how waterproof the material is, just add more nikwax.

hbeevers 26 Feb 2019

I've got a pair of the Shuga gloves and have been happy with them. Decent fit for me, quality seems fine so far and they're nice and sensitive. The primaloft keeps you warm when they inevitably get wet which is great.

Rather than the cheaper gloves I'd probably get some all-leather ones from decathlon and just nikwax them.

IM 26 Feb 2019

I agree re the Frazil gloves, great gloves at a great price.

greg_may_ 26 Feb 2019
In reply to IM:

I too have a pair of the Frazil gloves, very much agree that they are priced well and work well. After a week of use the leather is looking a little more worn than I'd like though. 

critter 26 Feb 2019

If you want a fantastic range of gloves and mitts for a great price I would check out Snowshepherd.co.uk for their own range and Kinco.

Currently using them for skiing. The "dogs".

Dave the Rave 26 Feb 2019
In reply to critter:

Nipped into the Keswick shop today for a mooch and was underwhelmed.

Everyrhing seems to be the same price as any other shop and not that innovative.

I’ve still got my Gordon though and it’s great. Think I preferred the online option. 

The staff were friendly though. 

Siward 27 Feb 2019

I'm impressed by the Shuga's cuff which "gives loads of wind/spindrift protection to the wrist and upper arm". Does that mean I can wear them with a gilet instead of a jacket?

Sorry

Ramon Marin 27 Feb 2019

I get slated here for supporting Alpkit (Im sponsored) but I used the gloves in Senja recently and I thought they were really good, specially at the price. The Haline though uses that slippery liner that Rab uses and I just don't get on with it and my hand slides off when doing hard moves. I though the pile inner was as warm as Thinsulate or other insulation liners. All in all not bad for AK first attempt at a glove range.

In reply to Siward:

Oops, sorry. I meant forearm, obvs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...