Alpinetrek

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IRad 28 Nov 2019

Has anyone here used Alpinetrek? Any idea how they seem to constantly undercut the competition for popular products? They've got very mixed reviews on Trustadvisor!!

Cheers

BedRock 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

i've used them a few times and not had a problem...yet! No idea how their pricing works.

planetmarshall 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

Used them many times with no problems.

Jockspotter 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

They've been fantastic for me - Pricing can be a bit odd (huge differences in price between sizes on some items) but if you know what you're looking for then great for keeping an eye on to grab a bargain! I've grabbed a few items for close to half the price of anywhere else because they happened to be the last item in stock in that size.

In reply to IRad:

If you think they’re cheap now youshouldhavechecked them out before the Brexit made the pound crash. Still use them, no problems 

blurty 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

used once, went well

ebdon 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

Big well established German retailer, I've ordered loads of stuff from them, and returned stuff with no problems.

asteclaru 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

I've ordered from Alpinetrek loads of times. I've never had any issues with them, including on returns. It seems that most of the complaints on Trustpilot stem from them using Hermes to ship to the UK. Luckily, the Hermes guy in my area is quite good, but your mileage may vary.

As they are a German store (Alpinetrek is just their name for the UK market - they're actually called Bergfreunde), I would suggest you check the reviews on Trustedshops too, which seems to be used more often by German companies.

Max Hangs 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

Used them a few times (incl. back when bergfreunde.de was the only website). I'm also a happy customer.

Don't remember the shipping being Hermes but sounds like that might have changed. I usually try and avoid them due to all the hate online.

Oogachooga 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

Used them a few times also.

Returned a couple of things, one was a pair of La sportiva trainers which were too small and weren't 100%. Got a refund after a bit of paperwork and a month. 

I may be wrong but I get the impression they are a bit like TK Max? Stuff always seems 'end of line' or not quite AAA grade to me but I may be talking shit....

Delivery is from Germany so takes about a week at most.

​​

HeMa 28 Nov 2019
In reply to Oogachooga:

> I may be wrong but I get the impression they are a bit like TK Max? Stuff always seems 'end of line' or not quite AAA grade to me but I may be talking shit....

Nope, not a bargain outlet a'la Sierra Trading Post, Sport Pursuit or TK Max. Instead a gigantic e-retailer, with no physical shops/showrooms, hence the cheap prices. ​​

Removed User 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

Also long-time user. Never had a problem with buying, shipping or returning.

You can definitely snatch some bargains on there, though not everything that's on the website is at the lowest price you can find. I usually check also other e-shops to confirm what I buy is in the right price range.

Alan M 28 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

I've purchased from them sometimes they have crazy pricing but the item has always turned up within a few days and been as described.

Andy Gamisou 29 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

Used them lots with no problems.  The one time something failed to turn up (not their fault, we have poor delivery service where I live) they immediately offered redelivery or refund.

thepodge 29 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

I've got an order in with them now, says 3-5 working days for delivery. It's been 3 and it's not been posted yet according to tracking. I think it was similar with another order but overall I'm I'm happy with them. 

Removed User 29 Nov 2019
In reply to thepodge:

Yeah, tracking can be improved a little bit. But to be honest, it's an issue with the shipping company (myHermes): AlpineTrek gives you the tracking number straight away, but the myHermes website tells you for a few days that they're "Expecting your parcel".

I wouldn't be surprised if, next time you check, the website says the parcel is out for delivery

Nempnett Thrubwell 29 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

If you're XS or XXXL they are easily the biggest discounters for decent outdoor brands,

If you're M or L then you won't get such a bargain.

When I've used them and need to return an item  - the return has been hassle free / quick refund  -  Just watch out if you're ordering near big political events - e.g. General elections - as once the bank has massively fluctuated their exchange rate your refund doesn't quite match what you paid...……….

Post edited at 11:44
OP IRad 29 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

Ace cheers for all the replies! 

johncook 29 Nov 2019
In reply to IRad:

Use them repeatedly with no problems. Good prices, prompt delivery. Never a problem with stock or supply. Also use them to find good prices. Often they have a product which is exactly the same as go outdoors but cheaper. take a printout to go outdoors and they beat the price of alpinetrek by 10%. As a Yorkshireman my aim in life is value for money, i.e spending no more than I need to!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...