Alien trigger wire repair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mowglee 01 Jul 2019

Has anyone managed to replace the trigger wires on the smaller Aliens? I've done a few bigger cams where they have a solid piece of wire in the lobes, which is then crimped/soldered to the flexible wire to the trigger, but the Aliens have the flexi wire going straight into the lobes with  what looks like a tiny brass ferrule or sleeve. The wires looks to be less than 0.5mm and I'm not sure how it's actually fixed into the lobes/sleeve.

Cheers,

Post edited at 09:26
 Kafoozalem 01 Jul 2019
In reply to Mowgle

I think you are talking about the discontinued alien evolution. There was a recall on them because the trigger wires broke with next to no wear. They will no longer offer to repair them - appalling in my opinion and that company will get no more money from me.

I have three I bought about a year ago. 2 have self destructed in that time. On one of them the wire had simply pulled out of the brass ferrule and I was able to carry out a botched repair by passing thin copper wire through it (ebay craft wire for beads 0.4mm but 0.5 or 0.6mm might be better). I wrapped it around the stem below the triggers and it works ok.

OP Mowglee 01 Jul 2019
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Ah, that's crap. It does seem an odd design in that the wire is fixed to the lobe, so each time it's moved, it will twist the wire so not surprising it failed quickly.

Post edited at 11:21

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...