Aku Tengu, Trango towers or something else?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 imahuman118 13 Nov 2019

Hey guys I'm going to Scotland this Winter, with the peaks in the highlands already being covered in snow, I'm really looking for that perfect boot.

I like softer boots, so I don't want something super technical and stiff (It needs to be good for grade iv and under).

I went to the local store (which is pretty small) and tried on a pair of Aku Tengu's, they fit super well with thick socks on, has anyone had experience with this shoe or brand? I read some online reviews saying these shoes aren't very warm, can anyone confirm this?

I also tried on a pair of trango towers which fit perfectly but I've been told they lack insulation too, how much more insulated are the extremes? Good for Scottish winter?

What shoes do you guys use for Scottish winter and what do you recommend I try? (I don't fit into scarpa boots)

TobyA 13 Nov 2019
In reply to imahuman118:

Sounds like you need to read https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/footwear/mountain_boots/all_round_b1-b2_mou...

I don't think the Tengus are very cold. The Dolomite Torq Tech which I reviewed at the same time, are noticeably less warm, at least for my foot shape.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...