A crag pack to replace 20 year old extrem exped

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kaya 14 Apr 2021

After 20 years of craging abuse my berghause extrem expedition needs replacing. Any suggestions for a big bag that can suffer the abuse of sea cliff granite and can carry 3 ropes and rack plus all other paraphernalia.

I'm considering the metolius quarter dome as like the rugged simple design. But looking for other suggestions that may be better?

Post edited at 18:54
 Mark Stevenson 14 Apr 2021
In reply to Kaya:

Good going! I trashed my Berghaus Extrem Alpine pack of a similar vintage in about 3 years...

Something like a Crux AK57 (or even an AK70) would be the obvious current recommendation for a big bag that's supposedly fairly bombproof.  Nothing else particularly springs to mind but I've not been in the market for a rucsac for a long time so I'm sure they'll be others on here with lots more suggestions. 

However, I'm firmly of the opinion that rucsac prices are now completely ridiculous so spending a month keeping an eye out on eBay or Facebook Outdoor Gear Exchange for something second hand like an original POD Black Ice or Expod or similar, might be worth doing before before dropping the best part of £200 on something new...

jezb1 14 Apr 2021
In reply to Kaya:

Black Diamond Creek is hard to beat for a heavy duty, take a beating, last for years pack.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...