5.10 blancos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I have just seen a pair of blancos for sale on the outside website for a grand! 

Are these the climbers version of the tomb raider ice axes? 

Anyway, I have a BNIB pair of size 8 second generation blancos and I am open to offers. 

In reply to Presley Whippet:

BNIB?? 

jezb1 08 Jul 2022

Did you read the description?

Its to raise money for charity.

https://www.outside.co.uk/climbing-gear/climbing-footwear/rock-climbing-sho...

In reply to Wide_Mouth_Frog:

Brand New In Box, it is what all those cool youngsters say. 

In reply to jezb1:

Yes I did. If the figure is a market value, I will.happily take half of that for mine.

Let's no get all smashy and nicely about this, it could be argued that the charity appeal is actually a publicity stunt in the same way that this thread both promotes the original charity/outside offer and my offer.

Petrafied 09 Jul 2022

I've a pair BNIB size 39. I've had them for about 4 years. I'm saving them for when I consider myself good enough to use them.  I'm starting to think that by the time I'm good enough I'll be to old.

mike reed 09 Jul 2022
In reply to Petrafied:

If you’re good enough, you're not too old!

Ah that explains why I didn't know. I'm neither cool nor young!

Davinamo 09 Jul 2022

I'll offer £70 for them, there's still nothing on the market that is as stiff and flat! 

Sent you a pm

Cheers

im off 09 Jul 2022

If you wear them first I may be more interested.

dingo 09 Jul 2022

Still available??

bouldery bits 09 Jul 2022

I read this thread and thought, that's really extreme. 

Then I reflected and, the thing is, if anyone has a pair of original 5.10 Quantum's in a 7 or a pair of original Galileo's In a 6 and a half....

In reply to thread

My OP was a result of me being aghast at a £1k price tag on a pair of shoes, I haven't yet picked myself off the floor from them breaking the £100 mark. 

I have had a few kind offers via pm but the shoes are worth something to me. Should anyone wish to offer somewhere between the cost of new shoes and outside's price, I will consider selling. 

Now, where did I leave those Lara Croft axes? 

Ramon Marin 12 Jul 2022

I think the idea is that, as them being the last known unboxed pair of blancos in existence, that someone would buy them for historical purposes, like a limited edition of Extreme Rock type of thing. Not to actually use them, but to put them in a cabinet or give to a sporting museum. Being the last known pair, I think it's not a bad idea to capitalize on its perceived value for a good charitable cause. Like gold medals being sold to support the Ukranian war effort. 

UKB Shark 12 Jul 2022

Call me unnaive if you will but isn’t it obvious that Outside are just having a bit of joke and Presley is a dullard (my £40 offer still stands). 

In reply to UKB Shark:

Since you have increased your offer to £40 plus an insult, how could I refuse? 

mike123 12 Jul 2022
In reply to im off: If you have climbed with  whipping boy and know the state of his feet then you sir   are seriously weird . If you don’t know whipping boy , then you are just weird .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...