5.10 Anasazi velcro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveb2006 01 Jun 2020

Bought some of these in May 2017 (from V12) and have been pretty good even after resole but getting knackered now. Like to get some more but not sure if those shoes were the genuine 5.10 versions or the Adidas ones. I dont know the date when production changed. Can anyone advise. 

Steve

Iamgregp 01 Jun 2020
In reply to steveb2006:

Adidas actually bought 5.10 back in 2011 but it wasn’t till recently (maybe beginning last year?) that people noticed some difficultly in finding pairs for sale.

Looks like this was associated with a change in production process around the same time. 

I think some people said they’ve noticed a difference in the shoes now and others haven’t. Give them a try and see for yourself I’d say, though bear in mind a new pair is going to feel vastly different to an old worn in pair even if they were produced identically!

In reply to steveb2006: Don’t touch the new 5.10 boots. I had these exact ones for a decade and was very happy with them . The first Adidas pair were dreadful, poor workmanship and no sturdiness. I’ve moved to Scarpa VS boots which are far superior.

Removed User 02 Jun 2020
In reply to steveb2006:

It could be worth having a look at the Unparallel range - they're pretty close to a number of the classic 5.10 models and seem to be well received by people who were struggling to get new shoes during last year's 5.10 drought.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...