5.10 Anasazi VCS size change? (epicTV)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jsmcfarland 18 Jul 2019

I've ordered from Epic TV before and had weird things happen to my orders. I think they are fulfilled by bnanafingers now, since I got a delivery notification from them after completing my order.

Anyway, I ordered size 9 Anasazi VCR's and they are noticeably smaller than all of my old pairs of size 9 VCR's, to the point where i can't physically fit my foot in them. They are extremely tight on the outside of my foot, and overall the shoe looks far, far narrower. 

I noticed when looking at the sizing labels in the shoe the old VCR reads: UK 9, US 10, whereas the new VCR reads UK 9, US 9 1/2. To make things even weirder, the new VCR EU size has actually gone up (from EU 43 to EU 43 1/2). Is this a printer error or something like that? Just judging by eye and the feel of how tight they are, I would guess the pair of shoes I received in the post are between a 7 and an 8, regardless of the bizarre labels. 

I put a pic up at https://ibb.co/gWZ4qD1

nufkin 18 Jul 2019
In reply to jsmcfarland:

>  Is this a printer error or something like that?

Something to do with bringing things in line with Adidas' sizing, apparently

In reply to nufkin:

I really wish shoe brands would measure the length of the shoe from heel to toe. It seems the best way to know roughly how well the shoe should fit in comparison to your other shoes. 

In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Are you suggesting using a pre defined international standard of measurement, perhaps even a decimal system, rather than a self determined vague industry guide line? 

It will never catch on, you run the risk of finding shoes that actually fit. 

davidsouthgate 21 Jul 2019
In reply to jsmcfarland:

I am having a similar issue with a pair of pinks

TXG 21 Jul 2019
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Yes, it's very annoying. And it's not just the sizing. Discussed here

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/gear/new_five_ten_-_sizing_changes-706978

And in another thread I think.

Just bought a pair of unparallels which seem staggeringly good. Worth considering if like me the new Anasazi's don't work for you.

Cheers 

Tom

gerrardo 22 Jul 2019
In reply to jsmcfarland:

It is the changes that Adidas are doing to the 5.10 sizing.

I was over in Manchester talking to them last week at a trade show an according to the man they are trying to make them a bit more universal in their fit, so the older styles are eventually gonna catch up with the new ones.

Anoetic 22 Jul 2019
In reply to gerrardo:

It does seem that different companies convert EU sizes into UK ones differently to the point where i size all my shoes with EU sizing irrespective of use.

OP jsmcfarland 23 Jul 2019
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Update:

Over the weekend I went to Outside in Hathersage and spoke to the brilliant staff there. Apparently they've had everyone and their dog in the shop complaining about the sizing changes Adidas have made (I'm still fuming that epicTV, nor any other retailer I noticed, does not mention this on their product pages!).

After trying on a few pairs of shoes I bought the UP Rise VCS low volume, which seem about the closest to the old Anasazi VCS' as I've seen so far. The normal Rise VCS had slightly too much of a baggy heel for me, and downsizing couldn't fix this as my toes ended up crimped at the end of the shoe.

conclusion: Rise VCS (LV?) seems pretty close to the old shoe.  5.10 have lost themselves a customer with this rubbish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...