5:10s £50 TK Maxx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climb Psyched 07 Nov 2021

TK Maxx have anasazis for £50 a pair at the moment. ‘Pink rock shoe’ is what they have them listed as. Also have women’s VCS or similar for same price. 

philipivan 07 Nov 2021
In reply to Climb Psyched:

Interesting, is this at a particular branch, I have one right near me in Nottingham so I might have a look tomorrow. 

OP Climb Psyched 07 Nov 2021
In reply to philipivan:

I got mine online. 

olddirtydoggy 07 Nov 2021

TK Maxx have some really random stuff. We got 4 Montane Prisms for £40 each last year and shared them with our mates. A good while ago we got some North Face summit series samples for pocket change that we use for winter climbing. My wife got a pair of Mammut B2 boots for cheap. I doubt those items would have shown up at other stores at the same time as they spread random stock.

In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Since Sport Pursuit appeared, the Maxx hasn't been what it was; manufacturers have more lucrative outlets for excess stock.

That said, I did pick up a Prism for £37 last year, just before lockdown kicked off. It also went to a mate, as it was far too big for me.

olddirtydoggy 08 Nov 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

Knowing where the discounter are is part of the battle if like us you don't like paying full whack for kit. Personally I'm not too geeky on kit but if there's something I need for a sport/leisure, I'll hunt to save a few quid.

Iamgregp 08 Nov 2021

From the picture they look like the US made ones...

henwardian 08 Nov 2021

Thanks for posting this up, those are my ideal shoe so was a perfect chance to buy the next few year's supply!
Sizes are strange though, just looked on my current pair and they are size 11.... so I had to guess that "11.5" would be the size I'm looking for.

olddirtydoggy 08 Nov 2021
In reply to Iamgregp:

Funny they have them sectioned under trainers. Imagine buying a pair not knowing whet they are for and opening the box.

Indignancy 08 Nov 2021
In reply to henwardian:

If it helps at all I brought some of the women’s ones and they’re the ‘new’ sizing - street size is comfy, a half size down is a more technical/painful fit. 

henwardian 08 Nov 2021
In reply to Indignancy:

> If it helps at all I brought some of the women’s ones and they’re the ‘new’ sizing - street size is comfy, a half size down is a more technical/painful fit. 

Ah, thanks. I'll just have to hope that they have no changed how big the sizes are too much because if they have they'll all be getting returned!

OP Climb Psyched 08 Nov 2021
In reply to henwardian:

I was a 10 in the old pinks and the 10.5 new ones are nice and snug for me. 

Interesting that the paid advert on this post was from Unparallel  😂

Enjoy all yer new shoes! 

thepodge 17 Nov 2021

Just noticed there are a load in M and M Direct too. 

cragtyke 17 Nov 2021
In reply to thepodge:

My mate got a pair of size 9 for £40 from the clearance rack at tkm, a bit small for him, but fit me well, I took an 8 in the originals.

Mical 11 Dec 2021

Strange sizing though..street shoe for me can vary between 10 and 11 depending on style of shoe. Tried the 10 of these and unbearable. Absolutely crippling my toes.

Only other size available was a 12 so thought I might give them a try. Extremelly tight fit,toes very slightly bent but comfortable not pressing down painfully on big toe. Will give them a try for multi pitch and see what happens.

Luke90 11 Dec 2021

I saw a video, from America I think, of someone wandering around town in climbing shoes. Presumably he thought they were just a slightly "out there" fashion statement.

deepsoup 11 Dec 2021
In reply to Luke90:

Climbing shoes were briefly fashionable a few years back.  Kids wearing them to go to raves in etc.  Hm, maybe it was quite a lot of years come to think of it.

Bought big enough to be comfy (much too sloppy to climb in), I'm sure there have been more ridiculous fashions.

Also:  https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/features/the_height_of_fashion_-_why_de...

wbo2 11 Dec 2021
In reply to Mical: They may simply not be right for you. Despite the love for them on here I have was never been able to get a pair to fit correctly.  Maybe the new ones everyone complains about will be better

Tom Valentine 11 Dec 2021

I thought TK Maxx was more frowned upon than the C word on UKC....

Mical 12 Dec 2021
In reply to wbo2:

I was surprised myself at the sizing but initial fit feels just right. I already own Scarpa maestro and Tanaya Masai shoes which fit perfect and strangely enough these feel very similar in fit.......Time will tell.😄

gethin_allen 13 Dec 2021

If anyone in Leeds is looking there's a pair of 10s on the shelf in the city centre shop. Too big for me unfortunately.

john spence 13 Dec 2021

They were in stock in Chelmsford and Thurrock stores, only size 5 and 7, Chinese version.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...