Loading Notifications...

Wanted: Retired Rope, trade, donations or cash offered

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Jeromecooper (user since 01/Mar/11) 20:14 Mon

Myself and my partner create and sell Rope Mats and are looking to purchase retired ropes.

We’re on the hunt for as much Dynamic rope as possible. The more the better!!! 

We’re in a position where we can offer £.40 a metre with either the cash going in your pocket or a Donation to a MR team or Bolt fund local to your area. Also happy to put the same amount towards a part or full trade for one of our mats.

Obviously each case is different as we need to factor in postage if pick up isn’t an option but we’re keen to get something to work.

Please contact if you think you may be able to help. It’d be really appreciated.

Thanks all!

www.facebook.com/Theropematmaker/shop

Rick Graham 21:31 Mon
In reply to Jeromecooper:

I took advantage of Jerome's UKC post a few months ago to clear my stash of old ropes and get some useful cash into the Yorkshire and Dorset  bolt funds.

Smooth transaction , no problems, recommended.

Great idea about including MRTs now.

40p a metre, blummin heck, that's loads. That's over 50% of the cost new for some ropes.  Kudos for making that work

Where are you based?

DOH, Dorset.  Hmmm.  

Post edited at 13:11
In reply to TheGeneralist: thanks. As for making it work.... consider it a labour of love. In all seriousness though, if you have anything spare we’d love to upcyle it responsibly rather than see another used rope with unknown history end up on ebay!lol We can arrange postage or even collect it as we travel around quite a bit.

TIG1 15:34 Tue

Any interest in old hawser laid ropes, previously used on Southern Sandstone, that have recently been dragged out of the loft? 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.