UKH

Wanted: Old 90's chalk bag for bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 natbloc (user since 29/Jun/19) 28 Nov 2021

Hi i'm after an old chalk bag bouldering size,  from say the 90's etc . Thanks 

Cobra_Head 29 Nov 2021
In reply to natbloc:

nobody used chalk in the 90's

BrendanO 30 Nov 2021
In reply to natbloc:

Local wall may help you for a donation…unclaimed Lost n Found can pick up retro gear.

n-stacey 30 Nov 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

What did they use? Oh yes, it was skill and tenacity. Balls out ground up attempts, not top roping a route to death prior to red pointing.

God I'm getting old.

JimR 30 Nov 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Chalk was being used in the 70's never mind the 90's.

Cobra_Head 30 Nov 2021
In reply to JimR:

> Chalk was being used in the 70's never mind the 90's.

ha ha NSS!!

wbo2 30 Nov 2021
In reply to natbloc:  Don't think they (bouldering bags)  existed... except in plastic bag form.

I have a 90's chalk bag, actually a couple , but sentimental attachment and all that...

Pedro50 30 Nov 2021
In reply to natbloc:

I must have owned a dozen chalk bags; where did they all go? I've no idea. One of my favourites was a small Petzl one with a small zipped security pocket at its base. Imagine a stressful lead at Pembroke; sort a belay, take in the ropes. Then before shouting "climb when ready" unzip the inner sanctum, extract the well-earned reward, and spark up the ultimate hit.  Happy days. 

Post edited at 18:14
 mattsccm 30 Nov 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

Modern youth! Cut the bottom of  leg of a pair of jeans. Stictch a bottom in the cut end and a draw string through the hem plus a hanging loop. My first bag in a fairly recent 1983

In reply to n-stacey:

> What did they use? 

Back then all we had was smash powder (always a bit grey) and sachets of angel delight, you could rub that on your hands and hope for the best

natbloc 30 Nov 2021
In reply to wbo2:

HAHA Yeah! .... Oh nice I prefer  older stuff to new  thats why i'd like one. I know your keeping the ones youv'e got but out of interest what bags do you have? Cheers 

natbloc 30 Nov 2021
In reply to mattsccm:

Thats  great proper dirt bag stuff

natbloc 30 Nov 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

HAHA the stash pocket ...My hold brush has a screw out bottom! 

natbloc 30 Nov 2021
In reply to BrendanO:

Yeah good shout i just like old over new. 

cragtyke 30 Nov 2021
In reply to natbloc:

I've got an old Lyon Equipment multicolour small chalk bag, pretty sure it's nineties vintage. In pretty good nick actually. Fluoro pink, purple, yellow etc. Yours for postage and an appropriate donation to Woodhead MRT. Pm me if interested.

In the 80's a mate of mine used a converted Cadbury's Marvel tin as a chalk bag at the Rothwell wall. Not good for landing on!

65 30 Nov 2021
In reply to natbloc:

I have a DMM one from the late 80s but I'm keeping it for daft sentimental reasons.

eBay is your friend here.

olddirtydoggy 01 Dec 2021
In reply to natbloc:

I have an old 80's Needlesport chalkbag and I'll also send it you free of charge if you send £20 to an MRT of your choice and proof of donation.

Gustavo 01 Dec 2021
In reply to n-stacey:

Troll used to make a "6a chalkbag" as you didn't need to use chalk below 6a.

Cobra_Head 01 Dec 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

> I must have owned a dozen chalk bags; where did they all go?

I might have them, I got one as part of the "set" when I first started climbing, belay device, harness and chalk bag.

I've never used the stuff, but I now have four, usually clearing up the crag of shit people have forgotten and left behind. I found one of them walking home!! I live in the mountains of Oxfordshire, so it a really common sight!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...