Loading Notifications...

Wanted: Montane Extreme Smock Men's Medium

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 jimbobimbo (user since 11/Dec/05) 04 Oct 2020

As above. It's getting harder to warm up after swimming outdoors. Hoping one of these will sort me out

Post edited at 01:13
In reply to jimbobimbo:

Not got one to offer you but I can see why you would want one. Keen fibre pile/pertex user here. Buffalo Special 6 shirt and a Mardale jacket.

Couple of points you may wish to consider. Are you intending to wear it next to the skin as they work much better this way? A smock could be very difficult to put on over wet skin as could tend to stick. Sizing up would alleviate this but would not be as thermally efficient. A zipped jacket would be easier to put on. Montane Jackets are £144 new, Buffalo £173. (My discontinued Mardale is longer than both)

My friends kayak throughout the year so similar issues. One actually paddles in his Buffalo but would not recommend for swimming! At the end of paddling another friend wears a dry robe made of pertex pile and just drives home.

https://redoriginal.com/blogs/news/comparing-outdoor-changing-robes

Brand new above but just looking at alternatives for getting warm. Pertex/pile is excellent. In some ways it depends what you want to it for. Just to get warm in the car or actually wear something (relatively) normal afterwards.

Good luck with finding second hand. Pertex/Pile owners are possessive. (Possessed?)

Run_Ross_Run 04 Oct 2020
In reply to jimbobimbo:

There's a small jacket available (seller says fits more like a medium) on trek lite if it doesn't have to be a smock. 

jimbobimbo 04 Oct 2020
In reply to Prof. Outdoors:

Thanks for the tip Prof. I've looked at the changing robe ideas. They seem toasty and plush but not massively versatile. I might need to do some scrambley walk outs from swim spots and/or loading canoes onto roof-racks.

Good shout going next to the skin. The jacket option might be a better bet too.

jimbobimbo 04 Oct 2020
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Cheers! I'll have a look

jimbobimbo 12 Oct 2020
In reply to jimbobimbo:

Bump.

I've tried a mates medium and it's an ideal fit. Sadly, the small didn't work out.

Has anyone got one taking up space?!

leon 1 13 Oct 2020
In reply to jimbobimbo:Theres a black medium Montane Extreme smock on Gumtree for £50 at the moment if that helps (its nothing to do with me )

https://www.gumtree.com/p/mens-coats-jackets/montane-extreme-jacket-/1386716155

Post edited at 09:41
 jimbobimbo 13 Oct 2020
In reply to leon 1:

Thanks Leon. Bought it!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.