Hillwalking inspiration, supported by you

Hillwalking inspiration, supported by you

Please help UKHillwalking continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKH Supporter. You can show your support and with recieve rewards.

Please help UKHillwalking continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKH Supporter. You can show your support and with recieve rewards.

Loading Notifications...

Wanted: Lancashire & The North West Guidebook-early 80's

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Purple (user since 09/Nov/08) 14:45 Sat

Hi,

I'm trying to lock down (!) a copy of Rock Climbs in Lancashire & the North West - an edition probably published in the early 1980's, authors Phil Kelly & Dave Cronshaw. Includes the Isle of Man

If memory serves, it's softback, plastic cover, a quarried grit route being climbed on the cover and a slightly orange colour theme to the cover & spine. Previous edition is (I think) 1975 predominantly red. Latter edition 1989, White Scar on the front, yellow colour scheme. It's the one in between I'm after. Probably Cicerone Press.

Info welcome.

Cheers 'n' Beers.

Paul Ha 15:03 Sat
In reply to Purple:

I have a copy but its very well used..I see there is one on Amazon for £3

S11 15:21 Sat
In reply to Purple:

The 1983 edition that you describe, with Anglezarke on the front cover and orange plastic trim, is written by Les Ainsworth, not Kelly and Cronshaw, they wrote the 1986 edition with White Scar on the front.

Purple 15:35 Sat
In reply to S11:

Thanks. Appreciate the correction. : )

SCC Changed 15:47 Sat
In reply to Purple:

Hi, i have a copy of this- the orange one with the isle of man included- in immaculate condition.  Message me if you are still looking,  regards Karl 

Purple 15:52 Sat
In reply to Paul Ha:

Thanks Both, think I'm sorted with the copy from Amazon, now that I've gotten the author correct.

Cheers.

Purple 15:53 Sat
In reply to SCC Changed:

Thanks for the offer Karl, all sorted now however.

Cheers.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.