/ Wanted: Guidebook for Malta / Gozo

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Doug88 (user since 13/Mar/12)05 Feb 2020

Does anybody have a Malta / Gozo guidebook sitting on their shelves that they would be willing to sell (or rent). We're heading over there for some sport climbing at the start of April and it would be great if we could get a guidebook before then.

Cheers

Doug

snoop6060 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Doug88:

Me. Where are you based? I'll swap you it for something. What you got? Anything. Doesn't need to be climbing related. 

Post edited at 13:21
Doug88 05 Feb 2020
In reply to snoop6060:

Brilliant. I live up on the isle of lewis (so a handover is unlikely, right?). Below is a shopping list for you if you want a swap. Otherwise just let me know a price and I can paypal you for it?

1) bradt guides - zanzibar or uganda

2) lonely planet guides - morocco, cuba or spain

3) rock climbing guidebooks - spain (costa blanca), scottish sport, highland outcrops, andalucia, scottish rock south, lowland outcrops.

Any of those you fancy?

Brown 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Doug88:

I met a couple who had hired a copy of the slightly older comprehensive guide from the climbing shop on Malta.

I have the new sport book that was fine for a sport climbing visit. Sorry I want to hang onto it though.

Doug88 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Brown:

Aye I saw that you could hire it. We'll do that if we can't get our hands on one beforehand - keen to spend a bunch of evenings obsessing over routes I'll not be able to climb.

Cheers for the info though.

Doug

Brown 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Doug88:

Its a very dog eared copy and you have to give them a big deposit.

The most significant thing for us that the Sport Climbing guide was missing was any information on the big sea-level traverses. These were great.

snoop6060 05 Feb 2020
In reply to Doug88:

The isle of Lewis haha. I was hoping Sheffield. What's your address? I'll post it you. 

Doug88 05 Feb 2020
In reply to snoop6060:

Hey I sent you my address in a private message.

Doug88 12 Feb 2020
In reply to snoop6060:

Hey man, did you get my private message. still keen to purchase or swap if you're interested. 

Doug

snoop6060 12 Feb 2020
In reply to Doug88:

No, though I have an issue with that email address. I can send it you. Its a real pain to get hold of out there as there aren't many climbing shops and it took us quite some time to track it down. 

Doug88 13:11 Fri
In reply to snoop6060:

Ah great, thats really appreciated. Is there an email that works for you that I can send you my home address on to.

Cheers

Doug

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.