Loading Notifications...

FS: Vintage hardback climbing guidebooks

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Mark Stevenson (user since 08/Dec/01) 26 Jun 2020

Price: £10

Various vintage climbing guidebooks for sale. Some are real collectors items others more common. Prices don't include postage, any queries please contact me. 

Scotland:

• SMC, Ben Nevis, 1954. A significant and noteworthy guide. VG condition, blue covers, some darkening to spine a few small marks to boards - £8

Lake District:

• - FRCC, Pillar Rock and Neighbourhood, 1935, beige hardback, good condition copy of this early guide - £6
  • - FRCC, Second Series, Borrowdale, 1953
  1. copy 1 - VG condition, slight lean to spine - £6
  2. copy 2 - Good condition, spine ends bumped and creased, some rippling to pages - £4
  • - FRCC, Second Series, Dow Crag and other climbs, 1957, VG condition, slight rubbing and fading to spine - £6
  • - FRCC, Second Series, Great Gable etc., 1948, Poor, covers badly stained - £1

Northern England:

• Some Northumbrian Rock Climbs, 1950, Superb copy of this rare guide. In near Fine condition, slightest rubs to spine and boards complete with dust jacket (missing 1cm to top and bottom of spine). £28
  • Cleveland MC, Climbs On The North York Moors, 1961, VG condition - £15

The Peak District, Climbs on Gritstone Series:

• Laddow, Volume 1, 1948, water mark to front cover o/w VG condition - £8
  • Laddow, Volume 1, revised edition 1956, marks to front cover o/w near Fine - £12

Wales and Cornwall, Climbers' Club Hardbacks:

• Cwm Idwal (Vol I), 1946 reprint (of 1940 edition), VG condition, 2 names/addresses to front endpapers, some marks to covers, spine noticeably darkened - £6
  • Cornwall (Vol V), 1950, VG condition, clean copy, light wear to spine and boards. Relatively scarce - £10
  • Tryfan and Glyder Fach
  1. copy 1 - 1959 reprint (of 1956 edn.) worn condition - £2
  2. copy 2 - 1956, Very poor condition, Reading copy only - £1

Ephemera:

• 1938 Mountaineering First Aid information booklet for Snowdon District, Lake District and Scotland, card covers, 20pp, nice historic document - £4
 James Mann 26 Jun 2020
In reply to Mark Stevenson:

Pm sent

Mark Stevenson 26 Jun 2020

CC Cornwall guide now sold to James, pending payment. 

If the 'Cwm Idwal (Vol I), 1946 reprint (of 1940 edition)' , and the 'FRCC, Pillar Rock and Neighbourhood, 1935', are still available I'd be very happy to take them off your hands. 

Mark Stevenson 26 Jun 2020
In reply to OneBeardedWalker:

Have messaged you about the two guides. 

Thanks mate, transferred the money 

Mark Stevenson 27 Jun 2020

All now sold. 

Thanks Mark... All received today in the post. Jim 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.