Loading Notifications...

FS: Scarpa Manta M4 B2 Boots EU Size 42

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 gethin_allen (user since 10/Aug/06) 04 Jan 2021

Price: £50

Blue mens Scarpa Manta M4 B2 boots. Bought ages ago and used for a short while until I realised they are just a little too small for me when wearing winter socks.

Generally good condition but with a bit of wear in the heel lining of the right boot. I just stuck a bit of zinc tape over it and this didn't cause any comfort issues and wasn't felt at all when wearing proper socks.

These aren't very warm boots in my experience so you need to account for thick socks if you plan on using them in proper winter conditions and should consider sizing up a bit. I do get cold extremities so it may not be such an issue.

They have both toe and heel lugs but I've only used them with C2 crampons with a toe basket.

Postage at cost (royal mail at whichever service you want), could deliver around Leeds area

Any questions or reasonable offers welcome.

Thanks.

Just an edit to say that these are the leather versions with the black leather ankle cuff. Bought around 2006 I think.

Post edited at 13:40
 Jamie Wakeham 04 Jan 2021
In reply to gethin_allen:

Would you mind sending a photo or two to me at jamiewakeham at hotmail dot com?

duckweed 04 Jan 2021

I would also appreciate pictures at bailey3josh at gmail dot com!

Priority to Jamie though of course

Jamie Wakeham 05 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

I've had a chat over email with Gethin, and come to the conclusion that these are likely too small for me; I tend to take either 42 or 43 in Scarpa and he reckons these are on the smaller end of the scale.  So I'll step aside.  If you find they're too big for you, though, then drop me a line!

gethin_allen 08 Jan 2021

Sold now thanks.

concertina 12 Jan 2021

Hey so I bought these off Gethin in the end - arrived here in Ireland safely, thanks Gethin! Unfortunately they do seem to run a good bit small. I’ve always been a comfortable 42 in pretty much any boot but reckon these might be more suitable for someone 41 or even lower. So happy to sell them on if anybody fits that bill...

Kayne

gethin_allen 12 Jan 2021
In reply to concertina:

Ah, sorry to hear they don't fit. That's really annoying, I really didn't think they were comparably small and hope you don't feel I mislead you. I tried my best to give you an idea about the boots I now have and how they compare.

Hope you find someone who they fit.

concertina 13 Jan 2021

No worries at all Gethin! It's always a bit of gamble buying before trying, no matter what descriptions you have prior...

Boots in great condition and a good deal anyway.

K

concertina 10:55 Mon

Still for sale in case anybody else out there interested!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.