Loading Notifications...

FS: Ribble "Sportive Racing" road bike

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Rog Wilko (user since 12/Sep/05) UKH Supporter 25 Jun 2020

Price: £400

The frame is a Ribble Sportive Racing carbon fibre from 2016. Designed for sportives and fast touring, having quite relaxed geometry.  As the seat tube is only 48 cm it would suit a smallish adult or young teenager (with growth adjustments possible). It could also suit a taller rider with hip issues who might be able to mount by stepping through, knee-first (as my wife used it). The fork steerer was left long to accommodate several spacers, leaving the bars in a fairly high position. This could be easily altered by a bike shop. 

The frame is not designed for use with mudguards or pannier rack and clearance for tyres greater than 700x25 could be problematic. Cabling is internal.

The group set is Shimano Tiagra with 3 x 10 gearing. The triple chainset (bit of a rarity these days!) has 50-39-30T rings and the 10 speed cassette runs from 12T to 34T giving a huge gear range.  The cassette is non-standard, having been adapted. Sprockets are 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 25, 28, 34.

The wheels are quite decent Fulcrum Racing 3 with flat spoking and asymmetric lacing in the rear wheel for increased strength and stiffness. Rim wear is minimal. The tyres, which have life left in them, are Onza Mavin 700x23. The wheels can be converted to tubeless if required.

The saddle is a woman specific WTB taken from a mountain bike so a little more padded than most road saddles, but is a bit worn at the back. Cinelli handlebar with short reach and short drop. The brakes have added auxiliary levers for use while riding on the tops (easily removed if not required). White handlebar tape is a bit grubby and has some light damage.

Pedals not included.

Two known bits of damage:

1. some abrasion damage to the RH crank caused by long journey on car bike rack

2. some abrasion damage to RH brake lever of unknown cause (possibly a fall).

The bike has been little used for the last two years as my wife has acquired an E-bike. Before that only fairly lightly used so really no wear issues that I can detect.

Approx weight (without pedals) 8.3 kg

Price: £400

I have number of photos. Mail me if you're interested.

In reply to Rog Wilko:

Tyres should be Lavin, not Mavin.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.