Loading Notifications...

FS: Petzl Quarks (old style) pair for sale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 dave_strachan (user since 24/Dec/04) 16 Nov 2020

Price: £150

Price for pair (+postage)

Pair of Petzl Quark (Old Style) axes for sale. Axe and hammer. Light use+ cosmetic dings, but no major dents. Plenty of life in the picks. Photos on request

dave_strachan 17 Nov 2020
In reply to dave_strachan:

Price now £120

65 17 Nov 2020

PM'd you.

onlyhalfwayup 17 Nov 2020

These still available?

dave_strachan 18 Nov 2020
In reply to onlyhalfwayup:

sold pending payment. 

JayW 18 Nov 2020

Let me know if for some reason these become available. 

moneykat 21 Nov 2020

Hi Dave, sorry, a bit off topic, but just wondering how you completed the transaction. Not used UKC to sell before. TIA.  

65 21 Nov 2020
In reply to moneykat:

I'm happy to answer as I bought them.

After a few email messages, I paid with Paypal, which as far as I am aware gives you some security if for example the goods don't arrive and the seller vanishes from the ether. That was never in question in this instance, Dave was a great guy to deal with. I also simply prefer Paypal as it is easy, and Dave was happy with that.

I've bought and sold a small number of things on here in the past, and on various FB groups. Usually I use PayPal but sometimes bacs. It's a good idea to check the person's profile (not only on here, in general) to see how long they have been registered, if they've bought and sold before, that kind of thing. A new poster selling, say a rack of gear or a camera might not engender the same confidence you'd have in a longtime poster who regularly sold things.

Hope that helps. 

Post edited at 16:47
 dave_strachan 22 Nov 2020
In reply to moneykat:

Not at all- always a bit daunting. Echo Stuart's comments. Paypal charge a small fee but gives the buyer some protection as the cash is 'held' by them until everything is sorted. As a seller it means not having to send bank details everywhere. Likewise, buying on here, new profiles or scant details/ offers too good to be true are red flags...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.