Loading Notifications...

Sold: Fender telecaster type guitar for sale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 paul__in_sheffield (user since 28/Sep/08) UKH Supporter 10 Jan 2021
The seller has now marked this as sold

Price: £125

A few years ago, I purchased a very expensive Stratocaster and in order to close the deal had to purchase it as part of a job lot. This guitar is one of the job lot. It’s now time to have a guitar clear out. It plays well, straight neck, holds tuning and intonation very well. Nice rounded sounding neck pickup and a high output bridge pickup. I’ve never had any issues with it so I’ve only ever changed the strings. Sounds great and is in exceptional condition, nice butterscotch finish and zero fret wear. I believe this came from China, but it seems well finished. More photos are available by request
with lockdown, the price includes packing and postage by courier.

Jp 11 Jan 2021
In reply to paul__in_sheffield:

Fret-finishing looks pretty decent from the pics, is this a Fender copy/clone (does the headstock also say Fender?). 

I wouldn't necessarily be put-off by it being Chinese, I think they now have the XP and skills to put out fantastic guitars. My uncle once bought a fake Gibson LP from an auction in Manchester and it was very difficult to tell it apart from the real thing!

In reply to Jp:

Hi there, yes to the fndr on the front of the headstock, cstm shp on the back and pat applied for bridge.

The frets are similar to my ‘58 reissue Fender. Actually I prefer this neck as it’s 22 frets. Good guitar, but I’ve got too many and am starting a minimalist re-awakening.😂

Alex Riley 11 Jan 2021

Jp above knows his stuff, when we lived together he used to always play along to the adverts on tv and one time casually playing the entire stadium arcadium album whilst we were sitting chatting

Post edited at 14:31

More photos..

Bump, reduced to £100 inc postage

Bob Kemp 13 Jan 2021

Looks like an absolute bargain to me... wish I had a hundred quid kicking about spare!

John Ww 13 Jan 2021

Hi Paul, just wondering, have you ever taken the scratch plate off to have a look at the quality of the pickup wiring and body routing? The rest of the guitar looks pretty good, it has to be said 👍

Iamgregp 13 Jan 2021
In reply to John Ww:

I was thinking the same.  So often  that a guitar looks spot on at first glance, but then under the pickguard where the wood isn't thickly lacquered you see poor quality wood, wiring and routing.  I'd be interested to see how well the tone and volume knobs work too, cheap pots are another giveaway.

That said this is a great looking guitar at a super reasonable price, so if I was in the market for something like this I wouldn't hesitate for a second, you can do a lot worse for £125! 

In reply to John Ww:

> Hi Paul, just wondering, have you ever taken the scratch plate off to have a look at the quality of the pickup wiring and body routing? The rest of the guitar looks pretty good, it has to be said 👍

Hi there, tbh I haven’t done anything apart from change strings. I’ve some ‘proper’ guitars which get played all the time, and this one plays well so I tend to leave well alone. As far as routing and components are concerned, I think they’re a secondary consideration to how a guitar sounds and plays. If I hadn’t already got a couple of ‘dream’ teles I would just keep this one.

John Ww 13 Jan 2021

Hi Paul, ok, deal - I’ll pm you 👍

Jp 20:34 Sun

Aye, the frets look nice and chunky and having 22 is handy, I've been toying with the idea of putting 6100s on my strat but it's been set-up and reset so many times now I want to give it some rest!

John Ww, looks like you've got yourself a great guitar there!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.