Where’s Radson and IceSolo?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andrewm1000 05 Apr 2019

I learned a lot from Radson and IceSolo’s posts on here during 2012-17 when I had a number of long trips to plan but they haven’t posted for a year now. Anyone know what they are up to? 

alexm198 05 Apr 2019
In reply to andrewm1000:

Can't help, but wanted to chime in by saying I've often wondered a similar thing!

Post edited at 13:28
 Tom Last 05 Apr 2019
In reply to andrewm1000:

Off being badasses somewhere probably. 

eschaton 05 Apr 2019
In reply to andrewm1000:

I seem to remember ice.solo saying he'd had enough of the forums and wasnt going to bother anymore, shame as he always had some interesting or useful insights 

Damo 05 Apr 2019
In reply to andrewm1000:

Radson had twins, which made three kids, and bought a nice house. His wife still climbs harder than him. He's too tired to post anything, anywhere.

IceSolo got conscripted, in a couple of ways. He still likes gear.

Nathan Adam 05 Apr 2019
In reply to andrewm1000:

I believe ice.solo still runs this website; 

http://iceclimbingjapan.com/

Lots of good info on there and a similar style to what he used to post here.

radson 06 Apr 2019
In reply to andrewm1000:

How funny. I haven't been here in ages (years?) and I started to look for some info for a trip in Europe next month. 

Damo nailed it. Three boys under four. I'm desperately trying to stave off Dad-bod and climbing wise I'm basically the belay-bitch

Very flattering I was able to help out before.  

Hope y'all are getting out there and climbing much more than I 

OP andrewm1000 06 Apr 2019
In reply to Nathan Adam: perfect thanks, just what I was after. I’ll make contact via the site. Best Andrew

OP andrewm1000 06 Apr 2019
In reply to radson: good to hear from you. I thought it might have been kids or something. At one time you did say you felt a little flat  / not motivated after doing some v interesting big climbs so I wondered if it was that. I still manage a few things each year and will stop work soon for full time high altitude stuff, should have done that a while ago but good job and kids etc are derailers. Enjoy family life. The children grow up far too quickly so you’re right to give them priority. Cheers Andrew PS any gear to sell haha joking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...