Where is the climbing hub of the dolomites?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 18 Mar 2019

Chamonix has the argentiere campsite, the ecrins have ailefroide and la berade. Where do I look in the dolomites to find partners?

R

alpinist_87 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Roberttaylor

Maybe up on Sellajoch or Passo Falzarego?

Probably difficult since most people will drive up there all set up.

The proportion  of Cortina's climber to tourist ratio is also probably significantly lower than Arco's.

Casa Alfredino 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Roberttaylor:

I'm not sure it has an epicentre like you're suggesting. The area is vast compared to Chamonix or Ailefroide and it really depends on what you want in terms of an epicentre. If you are looking for somewhere you can pick up partners that would be totally different to an area with the greatest amount of accessible climbing. Whatever, you will most definitely benefit from having transport to get the most from the area. For me personally, my favourite area is around the Sella Pass, and around Passo Falzarego.

badgerjockey 09 Apr 2019

Try camping marmolada or camping sass dlacia. However I rather think everyone there will already have partners. Ukc is probably as good a bet as any. 

C Witter 10 Apr 2019

A rainy day in the super fancy Lino Lacedelli climbing wall in Cortina?

GridNorth 10 Apr 2019

The nearest thing I can think of to a hub is either Cortina or Canezai but neither are in the same league as either Ailfroide or Cham for a concentration of climbers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...