Visas - Nepal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JayW 16 Sep 2021

Does anyone have any insight into the current visa requirements upon entry into Nepal? I understand that, previously, you could either seek it in advance or on arrival. There is a considerable amount of effort to do the former, but has COVID had any impact on being granted one on arrival? 

Thanks. 

LastBoyScout 16 Sep 2021
In reply to JayW:

When I went (pre-Covid), I think we did it on arrival, with no issues - the only thing I'd say is take a few spare passport photos. One guy I went with took an A4 sheet full of photocopies, which were actually accepted!

Can't help you on the covid changes.

andrewm1000 16 Sep 2021
In reply to JayW:   post- COVID it’s visa on arrival but you need Nepal ministry of foreign affairs letter authorising travel and stating your visa will be issued when you arrive. That visa approval letter must be arranged through a trekking or climbing agency, who also have to obtain your climbing ‘ trekking permit and book your on-arrival accommodation. No do it yourself arrivals now. I can’t see it changing back to the pre COVID quite yet. I’ve been earlier this year and going again soon and current procedures for visa are same as earlier this year but quarantine period on arrival has been shortened. It’s quite easy though, your trekking/climbing agency in ktm or your uk based agency will do it for you. You then just make sure you are vaccinated, have a pre departure pcr test and fly.

Damo 24 Sep 2021
In reply to JayW:

As of yesterday...

23 September 2021:

Government of Nepal has decided to resume visa-on-arrival service for travelers entering the country.

Visa services were temporarily suspended on May 20 due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions imposed by the erstwhile government.

The government issued an order stepping on Infectious Disease Act, 2020 to provide on-arrival visa to the travelers (belonging to countries which have provision to receive on-arrival visa) that are fully vaccinated.Such travellers must submit a document verifying that 14 days have passed since they received their final Covid-19 vaccine dose, along with a negative PCR report not older than 72 hours of checking-in the flight.Likewise, a legitimate permit in case of mountaineering, trekking or other similar activities, proof of hotel booking, printed document of International Traveller Online Arrival Form (filled through the site ccmc.gov.np) will also be sought by the authorities.The visas are to be provided at the checkpoint of the travelers' entry.

Source: THT

andrewm1000 24 Sep 2021
In reply to Damo: good news, thanks for posting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...