Via delle Bocchette with kids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 richv 20 Jan 2020

Has anyone done Via delle Bocchette? I am thinking if taking my 9 and 11 year old for the 3-4 day via ferrata this summer. Both are good fit uk hill walkers. They have done most of the classic gd1 scrambles in England and Wales, some via ferrata and sport climbing. My instinct is that it is a bit too early for easy alpine routes...The other alternative would be  a Scottish scrambling trip. Thoughts?

subtle 21 Jan 2020
In reply to richv:

> Has anyone done Via delle Bocchette? I am thinking if taking my 9 and 11 year old for the 3-4 day via ferrata this summer. Both are good fit uk hill walkers. They have done most of the classic gd1 scrambles in England and Wales, some via ferrata and sport climbing. My instinct is that it is a bit too early for easy alpine routes...The other alternative would be  a Scottish scrambling trip. Thoughts?

Thoughts, I've had a few

But then again, too few to mention

Toerag 21 Jan 2020
In reply to richv:

How will they handle long days on poor sleep if you end up in the dorms in the huts? The bits I've done they'll be fine with, just make sure you do it late in the summer to avoid problems with old snow and book rooms in the huts. Are they / you skilled-up on emergency procedures, because it can get serious quickly up there if something goes wrong. If you've all got the skills then do it - it's not a technically difficult VF, but it is an alpine experience requiring an alpine mindset and self-sufficiency skills.  If you decide it's a step too far now then there's other things you can do up there or the rest of the Dollies that are less serious whilst getting you into the scenery, gaining experience & whetting appetites.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...