Vallorcine Slabs - what did I climb?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndyRoss 24 Jul 2022

Has someone got either the Chamonix rockfax, or the latest Crag Climbs in Chamonix and could check something for me please? Trying to do my logbook for last week. We did a couple of single pitch climbs (possibly first pitches of other climbs), towards the left of the multipitch section of crag. It's the two lines of bolts to the right of a pair of 4a climbs that share a lower off in my topo. Probably the left of the pair was pitch 1 of Crocs Mignons, at 4c. The other is listed as 5a in my guide but with no name so I can't line it up with UKC. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy

Mark Haward 27 Jul 2022
In reply to AndyRoss:

Just looking in my new guide there are a load of new routes ( probably some are old routes just more fully recorded ) and grade changes at Vallorcine. Loads more than in Rockfax or the older Vamos guides

The pair of 4as you mention from the older guidebook are now 4cs. These are left of the low level overhang which pitch 1 of Crocs goes up. To the right of the pair of 4as you mention is a 4c 'Superman' which tackles the overhang at the low left end. Next right is a 5a 'Batman' which is just left of Crocs pitch 1. Crocs pitch 1 is given 5C ( personally I think it is easier than this ). Right again is a 5a Diedre Fleche that follows the, well, left to right leaning diedre. A route branches left off this over the overlap at 5C. Hope this helps...

OP AndyRoss 27 Jul 2022
In reply to Mark Haward:

Awesome - thanks! I reckon that means we did Superman and Batman then - those grades seem reasonable for what we climbed. Sounds like it might be worth me picking up the new guide next time I'm out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...