Torino hut winter room?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Suncream 28 Dec 2021

Does anyone know whether the Rifugio Torino has winter access when it's not manned? All I can see are references to it being open all year round and then a message on their website that it's currently closed!

In reply to Suncream:

There is a winter room, it's just by the boot room entrance downstairs.

aostaman 28 Dec 2021
In reply to Suncream:

If you are in the Valley at the moment, you could take the Skyway up and check. I am sure 'Will he fall' is right however.

If you're not in Italy yet, make sure you have all the documentation required, the chances of you not being checked are very low.

OP Suncream 28 Dec 2021
In reply to aostaman:

Great, thanks both for the replies.

Covid restrictions hadn't really occurred to me (crazy I know!), we would be coming from Switzerland via Chamonix, looks like we need a PCR test to enter. Are they checking coming out of the tunnel?

I guess it will be easier to head up on the French side instead and accept a longer skin. If I get a PCR test it will be positive anyway, I've literally just recovered from covid.

veteye 28 Dec 2021
In reply to Suncream:

Presumably you are a source of contagion, from what you are saying??

OP Suncream 28 Dec 2021
In reply to veteye:

No. I have finished my isolation and have no symptoms left. PCR tests are very sensitive and continue to give positive results for weeks or even months after you stop being infectious.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...