Summits of my life - Anyone watched?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 thommi 24 Dec 2018

So, enjoying a bit of Christmas time off work and got round to to watching the Everest summits of my life film with/by Killian journet....

Got to say I really enjoyed it. Cracking little film, only let down my the semi animated history cut scenes. I felt it was quite an intimate film and all the better for it.

The end was very open, but as Killian and Emelie have been open about their happy news not too long ago, I hope he doesn't push too hard in the future.

Hope others have enjoyed this film as much as I have. Anyone else have any thoughts?

ianstevens 24 Dec 2018
In reply to thommi:

Agreed, nice little film. Still find it odd the Messner doesn’t think Killian’s expolits belong in the record books as high-level mountaineering though.

OP thommi 25 Dec 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

Do you mean the bit towards the beginning, where Messner says words to the effect of, if there was book of traditional history big alpinism he wouldn't belong there? I took that as saying that his ascents were so out of the ordinary they couldn't be considered amoungst the traditional evolution of mountaineering. That's how I took it any how....  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...