Snowy Alpine Peaks - Inspiration Required!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 27 Apr 2019

This is a bit naff really but here goes anyway.

Me and my climbing partner are off for our annual 2 - 3 week alpine trip in mid June (19th on) and I am trying to find inspiration to delay the inevitable return to Chamonix - at least for the first week.

I'd quite like to do a snowy peak or two, so I suppose things like the Ecrins/Barre des Ecrins, Pennine Alps/Ober Gabelhorn, or Dent Blanche… anything really. I would really like someone to point me in the direction of their personal favourites so I can focus my research a bit! Any takers?

Misha 27 Apr 2019
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Grand Combin. I’d approach from the Panossierre hut. Nice hut and better view than from the other hut whose name I forget.

Piz Bernina Biancograt and Piz Palu traverse. See a recent post about it for beta. 

The many summits of Monte Rosa and loads of stuff on the west side of Saas Fee but not sure it’s massively inspirational other than the Lenzspitze NE face. 

Gran Paradiso NF if in condition.

Ober Gabelhorn as you say. Especially from the Zinal side but that’s conditions dependent.  

Dent Blanche not that snowy despite the name I think. 

Mark Haward 27 Apr 2019

As Misha suggested, how about the Monta Rosa Traverse?

Derry 27 Apr 2019

seconded for the Bernina Range!

jcw 27 Apr 2019

For snowy and mixed things not too difficult, I've particularly enjoyed Blumlisalphorn and Doldenhorn, Lenspitz and Nadelgrat, Younggrat, Dom (bit of a flog but highest summit in Switzerland), Monte Rosa Cresta Rey, Lyskamm Norman Neruda, Obergabelhorn Traverse and lots of other things. No need at all to return to Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...