Seasonnaire insurance for Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 clmacdonald 01 Aug 2019

Hi

I'm heading out to Chamonix in December for the winter, but may end up staying for the year if I'm having fun (and Brexit allows). 

Does anyone know of any good insurance which will cover ski/snowboarding/touring/ice climbing and mountaineering?

I've found a few seasonnaire policies which only cover all the above, but only cover moutaineering up to 4,000m (so won't work for me), and some mountaineering policies (BMC/Snowcard) which cover all the activities but won't cover me for the whole season/year. 

Any pointers much appreciated. 

HammondR 01 Aug 2019
In reply to clmacdonald:

For a 4 month winter visit I use Austrian Alpine Club, and have a visit home half way through. Keeps me legit with the policy and the present Mrs Hammondr.

check out the Vieu Campeur loyalty/discount card. I think that provides free annual insurance for all mountain rescue, medical, etc. Not sure if it only applies to France, or if Italy and Switzerland are also covered.

Harry Ellis 01 Aug 2019
In reply to clmacdonald:

Join CAF when you get there, it about €100 for good rescue/medical cover maybe €130 if you want equipment covered. For general cover Fogg is about £200 for the season. Probably worth having both given the current uncertainty

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...